Chapter 1

Soul wondered the streets he didn't know what to do, now that his life was over. He could still hear his screams rigging like bells in his ears, pain filling his body, as he slowly moved down the streets where he once lived. It had been months since he died, and all that came from it was him being dead. He couldn't even remember how he died. Soul knew he wasn't in good terms with humans anymore, but this was a new feeling. He wanted some form of company. Even though he knew there was no such thing as companionship or love.

His eyes began to water up again as he continued through the streets looking for a place to go, anything. He needed to get away. He knew that if he didn't find somewhere soon he would die for a second time, then he wouldn't have to suffer anymore. This thought made his chest ache and his head throb even more than it already did. He just wanted everything to stop. But he didn't want to die alone. His death felt so hollow and empty. He wanted something, anything to happen, but nothing did.

As Soul walked further down the street, he noticed a house near him. He went closer and realized that it was the same house his family used to live in before they were forced out. He stopped in front of the old wooden door, which was slightly open. He knocked on it quietly, hoping whoever was home would hear him. As he listened, he heard shuffling around inside but didn't  dare open the door. He waited patiently until finally he heard the person coming towards the door. When he opened it, it was a man who looked like he was in his late 20's early 30's. He had black hair just past the shoulder length and wore a black sweater with black jeans, the sleeves of the sweater rolled up to his elbows. Soul could see the man had a scar on his left forearm. Soul stared at the man’s hand but didn’t dare go any closer. He noticed a massive scar on the man’s wrist. Soul could tell that the man didn’t want him to get any closer to him.
When the man saw Soul, he frowned and closed the door quickly behind him, locking it. The man turned back to Soul and narrowed his eyes,
“What do you want?” He asked in an impatient tone. Soul took a step back, intimidated by the man’s intimidating stare, but still didn’t want to leave. The man seemed to realize the situation he was in and sighed heavily,
“Come on, I’m not going to hurt you…just come inside.” With that, the man stepped away from the door and motioned for Soul to follow.