The annual dog fair

Miles's ears twitched as he could feel the morning sun shining onto his eyes from the window, this waking him up from his sleep. As his eyes started to open he saw his same old home like he did every morning, the house was quiet simple and never really changed much yet it was the home that he shared with his favourite person Farcell. Miles let out a big yawn and begin to get up to start him day, hopping down from his handmade bed that Farcell had made for him. Like usual the day started out rather slow just like any other ordinary day, Miles wandered over to his food bowl to eat his morning breakfast but to his surprise there wasn't anything in there for him.

Since the bowl was still empty that means Farcell must've not woken up yet, miles is used to this by now as he normally wakes up fairly early where Farcell prefers to sleep in during the early mornings. Miles still waiting something to eat begun to go to the large glass tunnel that went from his house which had a nice view of a large lake and a lot of trees to Farcells. Farcells house was deeper forest but he had a veranda that led to an open space of land, this open space was often a grazing area for some deers and moose.

Miles begin to cross through the glass tunnel, the many bird spices that lived there were chirping away and he could hear the trees branches flowing in the cool morning wind. It was so peaceful out in the valleys, there wasn't anyone else that lived out there so the sounds of the wild were much louder then in the city. Soon enough Miles reached the entrance of Farcells house, as he entered and walked across the lounge room to the open door where he knew Farcells bedroom was his tail begin to wag thinking about his owner still sound asleep.

Miles poked his head in through the crack in the door and saw Farcell wrapped up in his blanket as usual, despite it being peaceful in the valley it did get really cold some nights which often continue into the early mornings so Farcell had two massive fluffy blankets that were quite warm. Miles went over to the bed and carefully hoped onto it, leaning over the still asleep Farcell and wagging his tail excitedly. He let out some somewhat loud barks to wake Farcell up which worked just like every other time Farcell slept in, Farcell jumped up from sudden noise but began the smile when he saw Miles on his bed.

"Alright, alright. You don't have to wake me up every morning by barking." Farcell mumbled as he let out a yawn. His owner pulled the blankets off of himself and swung himself up into a sitting position on the side of his bed, letting out another yawn as he wiped the tiredness from his eyes. Miles quickly hoped down from the bed and out the door, Farcell following not too far behind him. Miles immediately went back over to the entrance of the glass tunnel but quickly turned around to see Farcell getting something out from the cupboards, miles let out a soft bark which got Farcell to look over at him.

"Don't worry buddy I'll get you some breakfast, just get me grab something to eat so we can head over there." Farcell muttered as he pulled out some kind of cereal box, grabbing a bowl from another cupboard and spoon from a nearby drawer he finally walked over to the fridge. Farcell pulled out some milk and poured it into the bowl of cereal, after putting the milk back he finally walked over to the tunnel with the bowl in hand. By now Miles was sitting by the entrance looking all sad and hungry, letting out a soft wine as if he was starving.

"On come on, you can't possibly be that hungry." Farcell let out a small chuckle then sighing softly, patting Miles on top of his softly. "Alright then let's go get you something to eat." He said as Miles ran down the tunnel back to his house, Farcell slowly following behind as he began to eat his breakfast. Reaching the end Miles was running back and forth around the kitchen while Farcell sets up his bowl with his favourite dry food, putting the bowl down on the ground Miles almost immediately starts to eat his breakfast. Farcell let out a small chuckle as he pat Miles on his head, Miles had always been a food motivated dog but that was something Farcell loved about him.

Farcell walks over to the couch with his now half bowl of cereal as he had eaten most of it on the way to Miles's house, plopped himself down onto it to finish what he had left to eat of his cereal. Miles quickly finished his bowl and hopes up onto the couch beside Farcell, trying to sniff the bowl that he had his hands. Farcell laughed a bit then quickly drunk the last little bit of milk left in the bowl, sitting the now empty bowl down on the table afterwards. Farcell swung his arm around Miles and pulled him closer, Miles putting his paws on his lap and curling up next to him.

"Hey buddy, do you know what day it is today?" Farcell said excitedly while scratching Miles on the back. Miles tilted his head slightly in response, letting out a soft curious wine. "It's the dog fair today! Y'know the one you always attend every year" Farcell blurted out in excitement, Miles begun to wag his tail and leg out a happy bark. "Yeah that's the spirit! I'm going to go get ready so we can start the trip before it's too late" Farcell pushed himself off of the couch with a smile across his face, picking up the dirty bowl from the table and walked over the the glass tunnel entrance.

Miles excitedly jumped off of the couch and trotted alongside Farcell, wagging his tail back and forth. Both of them walk back through the glass tunnel along side each other, just enjoying the sounds of the wilderness surrounding the area. Walking back into Farcells house Miles ran and jumped up onto the couch still wagging his tail, Farcell placed his dirty bowl in the kitchen sink and gave Miles a pat on the head before heading off to the bathroom to get ready to go. Normally they would both sit on the couch however since the annual dog fair is today they have to get ready earlier then usual so they will be able to make the trip before the fair starts.

Miles waited on the couch while Farcell got ready to make the trip out to the city, after about 20 minutes Farcell was done and ready to go. "Miles! We're going!" Farcell called out to miles who was still laying on the couch, Miles perked up his ears and quickly got up off the couch to meet Farcell at the front door. Farcell opened the front and miles ran out first, running around in the large space of grass out the front of Farcells house.

Farcell walked up to the back of his truck that was parked in a dirt driveway, unhinging the latch at the back to make it easier for Miles to jump into the pick-up bed. Farcell whistled out to Miles for him to come over, Miles ran over to Farcell and quickly jumped into the back. Farcell let out a soft yawn as it was still fairly early for him, pushing the back closed and flipping the latch closed. Farcell walked around to the drivers side and hoped into the seat, buckling up his seatbelt and starting the car. Miles waged his tail happily as Farcell turned on some music and rolled down the window so he could hear it as well, getting ready for the long trip he would have to make to get to the dog fair all the way in the city.

"Are you ready for this Miles?" Farcell called out to Miles with an excited laugh, Miles responded with a loud bark and tail wags. The car began to move and thus started the long trip that would lead them all the way through the valley to the city...