CHAPTER 10

Author's pov

Inara walked slightly and pushed the door of the cafe only to see it was empty again. She went and sat on the chair , she and Zayan sat last time . The fresh bitter scent of coffee entered her nostrils.

"Is anyone here ?" She asked but no answer came.

"Is any-"before she could ask again , she heard a muffled voice from the side as if someone was asking for help. She followed the noise and it came from the kitchen. She carefully walked there only to see , two men holding down the old man with a knife pressed against his chest . His mouth was covered with a cloth.

"What are you doing to him ?"she asked with fear.

"She saw us...kill her too along with this old man!" One of the men said and the other approached her with a knife in his hand.

"It won't take a lot of time, silly girl" he told her with a dirty smirk up on his face. Inara quickly swung her bag in the air , in which there were some books which she always used to keep , in case she got some free time at her jobs . She would read her course book as she still wanted to pursue P.H.D .

She tightly slapped the man's face from the purse. The man wasn't too tall or either tiny , he was of a medium height of 5'4 and slightly healthy. It hit him tightly making him lose his balance and fall on the ground.

"How dare you!" The other man said in anger and left the old man while walking towards her and she gulped in panic . Her heart was racing in anxiety and somewhat enjoyment . It looked like one of the scenes which a cool hero would do in one of the action scenes or maybe not . But it was still cool for her , to deal with goons who were threatening an old man.

"Bloody Goons ! You are trying to scare an old man away ! I will not leave you two alive!" She dramatically said while internally waiting for this moment to happen for her whole life.

The man ran towards her to throw a punch but she ducked and kicked him in the centre part . A painful shrill scream emerged from his throat and a fat tear rolled down his eye.

"Let's run !" She whispered to the old man who was still in shock from what had happened but nodded quickly. She was about to run outside from the first man , whom she threw her bag at , held her leg and was getting up to stop her but she just kicked him from her hard sandal making him lose his grip on her leg . She took advantage of this moment and ran out with the old man.

As she ran out , she noticed some men in a black car which she failed to notice earlier. She stared at her and one of the men yelled "She's escaping with that old man ! Catch her!" .

"How many enemies do you have dadaji ( grandpa)?" She asked as she ran at full speed towards the small alleys to make sure the men didn't chase her in the car.

"I don't know but I believe quite a lot" He said in his old cranky voice while taking up deep breaths due to all the running.

"But why are you helping me?" He asked her in confusion.

"Because that's what a decent human should do!" Inara said in a tired voice as she kept running at full speed.

After running for quite a long time , she noticed a bazaar (market) and decided to mix with the people there.