Dennis.

"Dennis! Please wake up!" She screamed, tears streaming down her face. She couldn't believe it. She couldn't believe that this is how he's dying.

Lima sobbed as she held the limp body of her lifeless brother in her lap. The blood seeping out of his gut painted her blue shirt crimson. She screamed and yelled, just hoping that some miracle would bring her little brother back, but it didn't. 

First her dog, then her parents, then everyone she ever knew and cared for, and now her little brother. All these dark months he was here for her. Protecting him was the only thing that bought her a sense of peace. They stuck together, no matter what. The day after the pair left their home, Lima swore to herself, She'd give up her life to save his.

"Look at me now. Look at what I've done." Lima whispered to herself manically. " What worth do I have, now that I couldn't even protect the most important thing in my life? Why am I  living in this nightmare when the only person I cared for is dead?" 

She bit back her sobs as she covered her little brothers face in bittersweet kisses. 

His pale blue unblinking eyes stared up at her. His screams of pain continued to  mind-numbingly ring in her ears. She wiped away the blood from his face with her shaky hands.

"I am so so so sorry.... I swear... I would do absolutely anything, anything to have you back! I could've saved you, Oh Den, I could've jumped in front of you... I could've distracted the hones, but I didn't. I was a coward. I am sorry. So so so Sorry!" She said in between sobs as she hugged Dennis one last time. 

She turned her eyes away from Dennis' belly. She couldn't look at what the monsters had done to her dear brother. 

His intestines had been ripped out from his stomach. It spilled out and onto the soil. 

She got up and walked, completely debilitated. She walked away from the clearing in the jungle and refused to look back. She hated herself for abandoning her brother's corpse, but she had no other choice. There wasn't any time to waste. They were after her, she knew it. She could feel it in her blood. 

The hones. They wanted her. Dennis wasn't enough to fulfill their gluttony.