𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗦𝗘 𝗪𝗜𝗟𝗗 𝗠𝗜𝗡𝗗𝗦

Lost and insecure
You found me, you found me
Lying on the floor
Surrounded, surrounded
Why'd you have to wait?
Where were you, where were you?
Just a little late

– You Found Me, The Fray

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

LUCA KIRIGAN COULDN'T PIN-POINT the exact moment when his father had stopped loving him. The line was too blurred, the days blending together like a canvas of watercolours. He knew the reason why his father had given up on him well enough though. General Kirigan expected an heir, a child who could wield shadows and make them obey his every whim. What he got instead was a mere Heartrender, not even powerful enough to be considered something more.

The disappointment never faded and from the age of six, Luca watched as his father slowly distanced himself from him. No matter how much he tried, how many gruelling hours he put into training and studying, no matter how many times he came out top of his class, his father's gaze never turned his way. There was nothing Luca could do to stamp out the disappointment, the rot blooming in his belly. He could only look away as well, and pretend everything was fine.

At least he had his mother, he told himself. His mother and the friends he'd made in the Little Palace. Strange David, chaotic Zoya, sweet Vanya and silent Freya. They were the only ones who could save him from the never-ending pit of self-deprecation he'd fallen into. Eventually, even that fell apart.

When he was eighteen, Freya Helvar was lost on the Fjerdan front. A kidnapping, his father had told him in one of his rare moments of caring. Drüskelle witch hunters. Luca knew he would never see her again. After that, the rest of them drifted away from one another. Zoya was too angry, too deeply buried in her grief and rage. David threw himself deeper into his inventions, forgetting Luca even existed during those long hours spent in the workshop. And Vanya, well, she did try, she truly did, but there was no keeping everyone together when they were all pulling in opposite directions.

Everything was broken. Burned to the ground. And Luca was left to pull himself from the ashes alone. That was, of course, until the Fold exploded with light, and the radiant Sun Summoner came crashing into his life.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

CAST

Timotheé Chalamet
Luca Kirigan

Timotheé ChalametLuca Kirigan