CHAPTER 11

Author's pov

"Wake up Inara" Zayan called her out as the girl dozed off with the gentle massage which she received from her contract husband. Inara fluttered her eyes open , only to see that it was dark now .

"Have we reached ?" She asked.

"Not yet . But I have found a motel for us to stay for tonight . We can't travel any further due to bad weather" He informed .

Inara looked outside and sighed as she saw that the rain was still pouring down heavily . The clouds were grumbling loudly and there was lightning in the whole dark sky .

He got out of the car and then opened the door of Inara's side . To make things less scary , Zayan had parked the car under the roof of the parking lot of the motel .

Inara got outside too and stared at the sky.

"Isn't the weather too bad?" Inara asked.

"Bad? I find thunderstorms pretty awesome" Zayan cooly told while walking inside the old motel and Inara quickly followed him.

As they entered , Inara noticed that this place was pretty old. The walls were made of bricks and the paint was worn off.

"In this short notice I could only arrange this" Zayan told Inara .

"That's fine. It's pretty good Allahamdulliah. I am just happy that we got a roof over our head in this weather" She happily said feeling content.

"There is one problem here though" Zayan told Inara as they were walking upstairs towards the room , Zayan had rented .

While Inara was sleeping , Zayan came inside the motel and booked the room , only after that , he woke Inara up.

"What is it?"

"Only one room was left . It is a single bed room , but I asked them for a mattress which we can use on the floor. Maybe one of us can sleep on it" Zayan told her.

"I will sleep on that"

Inara said those words , as she didn't want Zayan to compromise his comfort when afterall , it was his money from which they got the room.

A part of her thought , that Zayan would protest while being a little gentlemen and she was thinking of all the possible answers , she would convince Zayan to let her sleep on the floor, but it didn't happen . Instead Zayan gave her a nod as of agreeing to her idea.

He found it a pretty good suggestion After all he couldn't even think about sleeping on the ground for a girl. He has never been taught to compromise.

Inara laughed .

"Why are you laughing?" Zayan asked.

"Nothing" Inara whispered.

'what was I even thinking , Zayan to be humane ? After doing a little gesture , I couldn't actually think he changed'

Inara laughed at her stupidity. Zayan ignored her words and kept walking till their room came. Even though , he came earlier to book the room , he didn't see the room earlier in particular.

As he opened the room , his face was disgusted. The room was dark and its wallpaper was screeched down . The bed had a thin mattress on the wooden bed . A thin yellowish bedsheet was covering the bed.

"Disgusting. This is so disgusting. How can a mafia leader like me stay in a room like this?" Zayan whined .

"It's not that bad" Inara told him.

"It's not ? It's NOT ? Are you blind Inara? Tell me honestly can't you see the muddy shabby room?" Zayan asked her in disbelief while putting a hand on his chest.