THEY WERE CALLED BTS

[More love it seemed]

Now, it wasn't news to anyone that I loved Korean culture. Even though I was technically invisible at school. I was known for one thing. I would say “and one thing only” but, were would I add my befitting title; 'Miss, I know not what the answer is'?

All this was courtesy of my snobby classmates. One in particular, but that idiot will not be a part of my story till the day I die. Yes! I said so. Mtchewww.

I was referred to all as, 'Korean monger'. Not smart, I know. But accurate. There wasn't a K-series in this world I didn't know! Ironic. If only I took more time to fill the empty space in my brain with anything other than K-drama.

AJe, I for don become 'Miss'... Something else entirely.

I could narrate an entire episode of 'jumong' without breaking a sweat. Given I managed to hold an actual conversation that is.

P.s, I'm talking about South Korea. Make una no go dey mix am.

Their way of life fascinated me. I was drawn by them. I just...loved, ALL. THINGS. KOREAN! I even started taking lessons on the language without my parents knowing.

Omo, Instead of me to be reading my books I go dey try pronounce words.

Shey na Annie yeon. Or Anyo?

Chai, the things K-drama lovers go through.

Now here I was, face to face with an enigma. I didn't even know it was possible to marry a Korean. I honestly thought it was nothing but a far fetched dream. So pesin actually see Korean take marry? Na yin I kon dey here? For wetin?

S..s..so, you mean you're actually a half breed?

Moremi tilted her head to the side, as if wondering whether I had sense or not. Shey I no hear well before? Okay, she probably wasn't thinking that. But, It felt that way.

Yup! That's what I am. But, don't'cha think the term 'half breed' makes it sound like I'm an outcast to society?

I tensed up. Did I fuck up?

Ehn? No o! I didn't mean to make it sound that way. I was just...

She started laughing before I could finish my defense speech. “Omg, I know. Calm down. No need to get so worked up.

Me? Worked up? Is that what it was? Was I actually getting worked up talking to this 'Dream come to life'? Better question. How was I able to keep talking up till now?

Am I being worked up? Honestly, I'm just worried I'll say the wrong thing and offend you in some way. I don't really have any...

No! This wasn't a good impression. I wasn't good at this. I prefer not talking at all. It was easier. There wasn't so much stress to it. And your heart didn't have to drum so badly either.