Ch. 1 - Awakening Of An Old Friend.

(P.S. in my AU, this story happens The Next Year After The Failed "Assassination" Descension Ceremony. Explanation The Fatui Failed To Hurt Zhongli Fatally Enough To Actually Make It Seem Like He Was Actually Assassinated, but he was still quite critically injured from the fall - he broke quite a few bones as he had landed wrong, and ended up piercing a lung in the process, which ended in him having to revert to his human form to save his life before he could actually die from blood loss and suffocation via the blood pooling in his lungs. Right shocked everyone, that's for sure.)
*Zhongli's P.O.V*

I requested for Ningguang to do the Descension Ceremony early this year during the last ceremony the year before. 'I only hope that she will obey, as I do indeed wish to see my mate, Siljundeyra, again. I wish to hear his powerful voice ring out across the plains of Liyue, and the thundering beating of his strong wings beside me as he flies by my side. Oh to see him again would be the greatest gift of all. Thank The Princes that he is to awaken this year in two weeks time. I did make a contract with him to be there when he awakens, after all, and I fully intend to keep it! My sweet Oak King Daedra, oh how I love you more still by the second~!!' I thought, and blushed at the thought of seeing him again as the Adepti looked on in confusion at my current behavior. "What is going on, Cloud Retainer? Is Lord Morax sick or something?" I hear Xiao ask Cloud Retainer, and I remember how helpless with human emotions the boy is. "More like, he is swooning in love, dear Xiao. In two weeks time, Lord Morax's lover and mate will awaken, and Liyue's valleys, plains, and mountains will never be the same after that day." Cloud Retainer explained, and I blushed as I thought about Siljundeyra's strong, serious, and handsome face as I swooned, nearly missing my cue to descend again. "I have to go! Bye!!" I say shortly, jumping down excitedly, and I shot off before anyone could ask me any questions towards the mountains where Siljundeyra's Catacombs-like Tomb awaited me.

*Ningguang's P.O.V*

"Holy?! Ok, is it just me, or did The Lord Of Geo look mighty excited about something?!" One of the scholars asked, and The Traveler thought for a moment before seeming to realize something. "That's because he is!!! I'm good friends with Barbatos' the Anemo Archon, and he told me that Rex Lapis had a mate back during the Archon War who fell into a deep slumber due to injuries sustained during one of the battles!!! Maybe The Lady of Geo is soon to Awaken, and so he requested to descend early so that he'd have a reason to go and see if she is awake yet!" The Traveler reasoned, and the Scholars and everyone were shocked by this revelation before the head scholar tried to deny it. "If he didn't have a mate, then tell me why he asked last year to descend early and is now speeding off towards the largest mountain in all of Liyue AND Teyvat where an ancient, strange looking catacomb is known to exist and has existed for centuries now, with some scholars from the Sumeru Akademiya even dating said catacomb back to sometime during the Archon War?" The Traveler retorted, and the scholars fell silent at the Traveler's words. "Traveler Aether, please watch over Rex Lapis as he embarks on his quest to retrieve his beloved one, and... Please do make sure he eats, will you? He has a bad habit of overworking himself, and not eating anything for hours on end, even having the indecency to complain about it afterwards at the end of the day. I know he's an Archon and all, but he's still my employee and my friend, and I only wish him good health either way." Hu Tao said, and the boy nodded before leaving to follow Rex Lapis and make sure that he and his lover return safely.

*No One's P.O.V -  A Week Later, When Aether Arrives At The Entrance to the catacomb.*

As soon as the traveler and his floating traveling companion, Paimon, arrive at the entrance to the catacomb, he's shocked to see the grandeur scale of it, and how... Ferocious and medieval it looked. He found Zhongli messing with a dragon platform, most likely where a fire brazier would sit to provide light for the walkways below, trying to fix it with his powers over the earth as the Geo Archon.