CHAPTER 12

After a 6 hour ride straight, Inara and Zayan finally reached Himachal Pradesh. The cottage was outside the city. It was huge and beautifully made with woods .

"It looks like it came straight out of a movie!" Inara whispered to herself , but it was audible for Zayan too, whose chest swelled up in pride after hearing such words , afterall he was the one , on whose design this place was built.

"Let's go inside" He told her and headed inside followed by Inara. As they both walked inside , Inara couldn't believe her eyes. She thought that the mansion was the most astonishing thing , but this cottage was way more beautiful that that. It even had a fire furnace on the side. The floors were of wood too , like the walls . There was a well woven beige carpet spread upon the whole floor.

On the side of the fire furnace, there were two wooden chairs and on the other side of the huge hall , there was a seating arrangement. From the centre of the hall , the stairs led to upstairs , with a balcony from where the hall could be visible from upside.

It was truly magnificent.

"Go upstairs and choose a room for yourself , except the one on the most left side . It belongs to Zara "

And Inara did as she was told. She choose a room, far away from Zara's .

"The maid will come in about an hour . Pay respect to her . She raised me and inform her that I will return at night" Zayan declared as he saw Inara coming back downstairs.

"Were are you going?" She asked him.

"To handle some work"

With those words being said , Zayan left the house.

*Clinking*

*Tick*

*Tick*

The sound of a sudden moment of utensils was followed by the sound of the clock ticking .

The house was awfully quiet now , that she was alone in the house. Inara's face fell down and all of her excitement vanished . This place didn't seem very beautiful to her now afterall . It was feeling creepy. Her eyes then fell on the antique clock which was hanging down the wall and gulped out of fear.

"Relax. It's just the clock ticking . Nothing else" She murmered to calm down herself and tiptoed towards the other side of the hall to look the view which the thick maroon velvet curtains were hiding. She pulled apart the curtain , only to see a thick forest outside.

"Who are you?" She heard a voice from behind . She turned around only to find an old woman with white hairs , wearing a saree with a shawl wrapped around her body to prevent herself from the cold weather .

"Are you the caretaker who Zayan send ?"

"Yes...and you are Miss?" The old lady asked while searching for the name of the young lady in front of her.

"Inara"

"It's a beautiful name . Do you know the meaning of it?" She asked making Inara shake her head as a 'no'. She never bothered to even think of this question uptil now . It was a name , she thought suited her by the sound of it.

"It means sent by heaven or a ray of light . I hope you play this part in Zayan's life" The old lady said with a soft adoring smile upon her lips.