▹ The lucky one

Life had certainly been tough on George lately. With non-stop recordings and countless meetings, he was absolutely drained. But what made it worse was knowing that Chungha was struggling too, despite her attempts to hide it. She had a lot going on in her life, and not having him around didn't make things any easier.

She tried to conceal her true emotions from George, not wanting him to worry and feel guilty when they video called. Despite her best attempts, however, he could hear the subtle sniffles in her voice and see the weariness in her eyes. She was content in being able to handle life's struggles on her own without needing anyone by her side but even independent people still needed comfort from time to time. Chungha longed for George's comforting embrace.

"You have three days, and then you better be back here, Mr Romantic," sternly commanded his manager as George strode to the waiting car that had been called for him. He had just arrived in Korea on a short sabbatical — instead of sightseeing as Chungha expected, he had secretly arranged it with his manager so he could surprise her. He was so excited.

"I will. I promise. I won't let you down."

His manager hid a smile. "I know. Have fun—but hey, not too much fun. A mini George is not what anyone needs right now."

George rolled his eyes playfully. "And with that, I am done with his conversation. Talk later, goodbye." He disconnected the call, the sound of laughter still lingering in his ears as he hung up.

Heading straight to his apartment to freshen up before his grand surprise, George was quite alarmed to find the lights to his apartment already on. Settling his keys on the counter, he looked around wearily for a moment before a familiar piece of clothing caught his attention and under it popped out a tail.

As he moved closer, George was overcome with emotion at the sight of Chungha resting peacefully on the sofa. Her puffy eyes were evidence of a night spent in tears, and she was wearing one of George's hoodies. Half of Pluto's body was tucked under the hoodie against her stomach, and held close to her chest was one of George's shirts that she had curled up against like a teddy bear. Even in sleep, Chungha kept it tucked beneath her nose as if she was smelling it.

As if sensing another presence, Pluto wiggled out from under the jumper and barked loudly in excitement, hopping off the couch to greet his dad. George knelt down, taking the dog in his arms as he smiled at his girl, who was still very much asleep.

"Shhh. Shhh. You'll wake her up, come on. Let's run her a bath before I prepare a nice meal," George whispered, snuggling his face into the side of Pluto's fur and planting a kiss there before carrying him towards the bathroom.

George gently set the excited pup down and began to draw a warm bath, adding in fragrant rose petals and a captivatingly aromatized bath bomb. The scent was so inviting, he almost wanted to jump in himself. The gushing of the running water and Pluto's excited footsteps seemed to do the trick, stirring their Sleeping Beauty from her slumber.

"Pluto? Where are you baby?"

George smiled, prying open the door to see Chungha jump back in surprise. "Baby number two is trying to get in the bath that your favourite baby ran for you."

Too shocked to yell at him for being cringe, Chungha's hands flew to her mouth and before she could stop herself, tears began streaming down her face causing George to still in panic. That's not the reaction he had been hoping for .

"I'm sorry- oh my- I'll go if—" He was about to babble on, but he stopped when his favorite girl suddenly leapt into his arms. She nestled her face against his neck with a relieved sigh. Bewildered yet still somewhat panicked, George slowly embraced her and rubbed her back in assurance. "Is this alright? I can't tell if you're happy or not."

"Of course im happy! Why- how are you here?"

"I have a three day break so I decided to see you, i've been getting the sense that life isn't being so kind to you lately."

"It's not. Everything has just been a lot, my mood has been horrible—i'm sorry for not sucking up as well, I didn't mean for you to come all this way for me whilst you're so busy —"

"Hey. I wanted to," George tenderly wiped the tears off of her face with one hand while still holding her tightly. "I've missed you so much. Don't ever feel like you need to shield me from your emotions, even if I'm under a lot of pressure. If I were on my deathbed, I'd still want to know what's troubling you - no matter what happens, you will forever be my priority."

She nodded slowly, leaning forward to press their foreheads together for a brief moment before pecking his lips softly. "I missed you but if you ever call yourself baby again, i'll have to break up with you."

George smiled tenderly, pressing a gentle kiss to her nose before sweeping her up into his arms and carrying her into the bathroom. Her eyes widened in amazement as she surveyed the steaming hot bath that had been drawn just for her. Tears of pure gratefulness filled her eyes.

"You're too good to me."

"I was blessed to have met the most incredible woman this world has ever seen, and this is the least I can do to show my appreciation."

"You met Beyoncé last week."

George stayed silent for a moment. "I feel like anything I say from this point on will get me into trouble." Chungha laughed loudly as he set her down. "Get in, enjoy. I'll grab you your pyjamas, wine and then start on the food. Pluto, let's go bro."

Chungha luxuriated in her bath, sipping on a glass of her favorite wine and enjoying the melody of her beloved songs. Her arrival out of the tub was made even cozier with George's thoughtful gesture; he had warmed up a towel and some pyjamas in the dryer for her. When she finished pampering herself with skin care, she found that George had already set up a cozy evening by filling the coffee table with food and arranging pillows and blankets on the sofa, where Pluto had already claimed a spot.

Wrapping her arms around George's neck, she exhaled to stop herself from crying again.

"What's wrong with you?" George asked, gently rubbing in a spot of moisturiser that she had missed. Chungha sighed contently, pressing her forehead against the side of his face and closing her eyes.

"Nothing. I just definitely lucked out with you."

If she thought she was blessed, she would never fully grasp how truly fortunate George was.

________________

blue is feeling blue! i had a bad day so you all know i need to write george and chungha fluff to make myself feel better because they are quite honestly my parents.

manifesting a partner like george for all of us because we deserve it!

thank you so much for reading, this wasn't proofread but i hope you enjoyed anyway.

you're greatly appreciated! love you guys!

— blue c