59. Aftermath

Penetrating the dark cloud covered grandiose sky and chilly air brought by the drizzling rain, a lightning struck the land

Penetrating the dark cloud covered grandiose sky and chilly air brought by the drizzling rain, a lightning struck the land. It illuminated a corridor of the Royal Castle. There was brightness enough only to make out a figure of a man, traipsing around. Within a second, darkness engulfed the corridor once again. A raging thunder followed.

The air. It contained a sinister energy that night.

A conspiracy was about to befall on someone, who was oblivious of it.

The perpetrator in question was a vile creature.

He had ghost white skin, soft red lips, slanted siren eyes and platinum blonde hair. One could be stricken with lunacy and fall head over heals for this evil man even after being informed of all the dark blue veins coloring his pale body due to the absence of blood flow.

Lance, the vampire prince, was that beautiful.

One moment, he was pacing back and forth in a well lit room. His strides ever so graceful. 

In another, he reached the dark corridor in a swift and plunged a wooden stake through the heart of the man who had let his alertness subside in the security of his own home.

The man groaned and danced the dance of pain. He struggled, writhed, raised his hand to hold on to something as his legs gave out. Eventually, his body hit the floor with a terrific thud.

Lightning struck once again. 

It had not been an ordinary man who had met his end this sad night. A king's being had concluded. 

"Your only fault..." whispered Lance. "was being dense."

"Full fathom five my father shall lie." One could hear the smile in his breathy voice, which was neither too deep, nor too light.

He crouched down beside the corpse as he tilted his head sideways.

The smile faded.

"You useless old man... didn't even know that one should make an ally out of a powerful opponent. Werewolves should never have been our enemy when humans are our prey. Behold father! How I shall contract an intimacy with the Werewolf King and save my kingdom from this malady. Him and I... surely we must be similar. We shall become the best of friends!"

Putting his ear forward, he asked, "How, you question?"

The corpse lied there still, like a log of wood.

"By simple give and take."

The rain had stopped and the clouds were parting, uncovering the stars and the moon.

Taking one last look, Lance walked away from his sin.

"Oooo everybody is about to get their happy ending." He squealed in excitement.