Chapter 7 - The cave in the mountains

(Anything in the cave?)

(Its Felicia's home)

(Ohhhhhh)

Felicia

I feel bad for Colin. Tanking this unpleasantly cool October weather. Then there's me, perfectly fine due to the fire inside me. I would of offered him something to help keep him warm. Hell even using my wing as a blanket could of worked out well for him. But he was content on falling asleep the moment he hit the ground. Maybe tonight I'll offer up. 

Right now he's cooking up some breakfast with some fish he got from the lake. We're talking about the foods each of our kind eat. I'm barley keeping track of all his.

"Honestly Colin," I amuse, "Your going to have to give me a full on class about you human's lives. And hey I'll become one of the most informed dragons on human kind."

"Well their is still a lot I won't be able to tell you. Sure I can give you a history lesson on the US. And perhaps what I know about its enemies. Though I cannot say much about the government as their officials like to keep to themselves."

I nod. Taking in everything he said. We waited a few more minutes until Colin announced that the fish was cooked.

"Ah took long enough," I hear Colin say as he is cutting up the fish.

"You know I could have toasted it in a matter of seconds," I point out

He looks up and puts on this weird face and says in a different voice, "No no no. Then its just toasted meat."

I throw him a confused look. Though the smell is much better than my cooked fish.

"You just wait and you'll know," He says while throwing some herbs onto the top.

About 5 minutes later he stands up and hands me a wooden plate with some decent smelling fish on it, "Bon appetite."

I curiously take a bite out of the fish chunk. My eyes go wide. That's good.

"Like it huh?" I nod at Colin's question, "You'd be surprised what a few spices and herbs can do to meat. Tell you what if I ever manage to get back in touch with civilization I will personally make you a Gordon Ramsay style steak."

I give him a look, "A what steak?"

"Uh never mind," He dismisses, "Human thing."

I shrug it off with a 'sounds delicious' and we both continue eating. When we both finish Colin cleans out the plates in the lake and sets them in his bag. We continue our journey to my home.

Mid-trip Colin decided to ask me questions.

"So uh Felicia," Colin has that confused look on his face, "Why did you morph back into a dragon when you did?"

Knew this would come up eventually, "In all honesty I don't know either. I just had a dream about seeing my main self again and when I awoke I saw your fearful eyes staring at me."

Colin goes silent. We walk like this until we reach the mountain base.

"Glad I brought hiking gear," Colin remarks, staring at the peak, "You live three quarters up that thing?"

He starts to grab climbing gear from his bag. Funny cause he didn't even mention the fact I can fly.

I decide to offer him help, "Colin you know I can just fly you up their right?"

He looks up to me from his bag, "You sure you can handle 180 spare pounds. I don't want to hurt you."

His concern for my well being made me smile a bit, "You know I can just do this."