Chapter 1

My name is Amelia Morgan. After years and years of either being single or somehow finding the worst guys I ended up taking a chance on someone I had never met.

Amelia's POV
"Billy if you don't stop throwing pencils across this room I'm sending you to the office."
I hear scattered "oohs" across the room
"I told you she has eyes in the back of her head!" A student chimes in
No I don't have eyes in the back of my head, just a really well placed mirror and ears. I turn around to see Billy placing a pencil down on his desk.
"Thank you Billy."
"Over the summer I want you all to think about a creative writing topic, I can be about whatever you want. You don't have to write anything but I would love to read them next year if anyone does. I hope you all have a safe and happy summer. I look forward to seeing you around next year."
The bell rings to signal the end of the school day, "Bye everyone, enjoy your summer!"
I hear a scattered response of goodbyes coming from a few students. Some of them come up to give me a hug before they leave. Once all of them are out of my room I wait around for about five minutes before I leave. I like to give time at the end of the day in case a student wants to come talk to me about something. Seeing as it's the last day of school I doubt anyone would come in and I was right. I grab my bag, pack my computer into it, and head out to leave. I pass a few students waiting for rides as I leave. As soon as I finally get in my car my phone starts to ring. I answer without thinking much of it.
'Is this Ms. Amelia Morgan?" The voice on the other end asks
"This is her." I twist the key, turning the car on.
"Hi I'm with the production company that works with Married at First Sight."
"Oh hi! I wasn't expecting a call so soon." I reply honestly
"We try to get back to potential candidates as soon as we can. Anyways I was calling to let you know you have been matched with another candidate!" The woman on the other end of phone replies very excitedly
"Wait, does that mean what I think that means?"
"Congratulations! You are getting married in 2 weeks, 13 days to be exact actually."
"Oh my gosh, alright, what do I have to do?" I have yet to leave the parking lot thankfully, I couldn't imagine how bad my driving would be while receiving this news.
"Well the wedding will be happening in Los Angeles so there isn't much travel. You will have a personal person to contact throughout this whole process. They should be contacting you by tomorrow to set up filming schedules. Oh and until you hear from your contact don't tell anyone, we like to get that on camera."
"Oh wow, this is happening."
"Yes it is sweetheart."
"Wow, thank you so much"
"Of course, you should hear from your contact soon. I hope you have a great rest of your day."
"You too Bye."
"Bye bye."
I put my phone down and just stare in disbelief at nothing. Wow, I didn't actually think I would get matched, let alone be picked to participate. I luckily don't have many people to tell. I can't believe this is happening. I drove off towards my apartment still in complete shock. Once I get home I set my computer on my desk and make sure I have all my school stuff done. After responding to the last of my school emails I shut my computer. I basically waited around my phone for the rest of the day and the next. Finally around 11am the next day I get a call.
"Hello?"
"Hi, is this Ameila Morgan?" A woman asks
"This is her." I respond
"Hi! My name is Lila Woods, I am going to be your main contact throughout this whole process!" She seems very excited
"Hi! I am very excited for all this."
"I wouldn't expect any less. Now to get down to business, I would like to get a film crew to your apartment to set up some cameras. Mainly for footage of you telling your friends and family about your amazing news!"
"I have no problem with that, I only have a couple of people to tell so it shouldn't take long."
"Do you think if I could get a crew there in one hour we could do it today? The next two weeks are going to be really packed full."
"Honestly yeah probably, let me call them real quick, can I call you back at this number in like 10 minutes?"
"Yes, of course."
"Ok bye"
"Bye" I hung up and immediately started calling my best friend's number.
I know with almost 100 percent certainty that she is doing absolutely nothing right now. She is also a teacher and just finished school.
"Hey Ms.A what's up?" Holly answers obviously munching on something on the other end of the phone line
"Hey do you think you could come over in like 2 hours. I got something to show/tell you."
"Ooh mysterious, does 12:30 work?"
"Yep, see you then."
"See you."
I hang up and text my sister, Sana. She is about the only family I have left, that I still talk to at least.
I redial Lila to let her know.
"That was quick."
"There were only two people to contact and one I texted." I start to feel nervous, only being able to think of a couple people to fill my side of the wedding aisle
"Alright, me and a film crew will be over in about 30 minutes to set up some small cameras to catch the moments. If you could send me a list of the people you would want to invite and then mark the ones you want at your dress appointment and your bachelorette party."
"Oh wow, I don't think it's fully sunk in yet that I'm about to get married to a stranger."
"That's okay hun, it doesn't usually happen until the dress appointment or as you're walking the aisle. It's perfectly normal. Now go make sure you look presentable. I will meet you soon."
"Alright, thank you Lila."
"That's my job"
I changed into some different clothes and put my hair up, soon Lila and a two team camera crew were entering my apartment looking for places to hide a couple cameras. Lila looked exactly as I thought she would, early 30's blonde haired brown eyes. She had a bit of a mother type of energy. As fast as they had entered the apartment and introduced themselves they were gone not 10 minutes later. I waited for Holly and Sana to show up in a different room than where all the camera's were. I don't think I'm quite ready to be filmed constantly yet.
A little while later I hear a knock at my door, I quickly open the door and find both Holly and Sana at my door.
"Hi!" I say excitedly to Holly while also waving at Sana.
I don't think I've mentioned Sana is deaf. She always has been and I quickly picked up on sign language from her. Holly picked up a lot too from being friends with us.
"What is this big secret you need to tell us?" Holly asks while signing to include Sana.
"Well come in and I will tell you." I smile and lead them to the living room.
I sit nervously on one of the single chairs while both of them sit on the couch.
"Ok so I know you two know about the interviews I was doing for that reality tv series." They both nod a little confused, I left out the part about it being a marriage show.
"Well I got excepted, well matched is more like it."
"Matched?" Sana asks
"Well, have you heard of the show called "Married at First Sight?" I ask
They both take a second to think and remember what they know about the show, then it clicks.
"YOU DIDN'T!" Holly screams excitedly
I begin to smile while I nod my head yes. I look at Sana who just has a large smile on her face.
"I'm proud of you for stepping out of your comfort zone. But are you sure this is what you want to try next?" Sana signs
"I'm positive."
__________________________
So I recently started rewriting this story, if you remember the old one thats fine but I hope you give this one a shot.

Of course the tv show "Married at First Sight" is real and that credit is to those amazing creators and producers and directors and such.