CHAPTER 18

THIRD PERSON'S POV

Czairex furrowed his brow as he didn't quite understand Selene's response, given that she spoke softly. His tongue itched to ask her if she loved him as much as he loved her. He wanted to know if his love was unrequited.

He opened his mouth to speak, about to say Selene's name, but someone entered the backyard, interrupting him.

Czairex let out a sigh and looked down at his food, feeling the wind knocked out of him. He didn't want to lash out at the man who just entered, so he tried to calm himself down.

"Architect!"

"Yeah?"

"Nariyan yung pamangkin ni Mrs. Dominguez, hinahanap ka."

"Bakit daw?"

"Tungkol daw sa bahay. Hindi raw kasi makakapunta si Mrs. Dominguez para i-check ang renovation ng bahay niya kaya inutusan na lang daw yung pamangkin."

"Oh. Okay. Sige, susunod ako." Pinanood ni Czairex ang asawa na uminom ng tubig saka walang paalam na umalis at iniwan siya roon.

Nakaramdam siya ng kirot sa dibdib sa hindi nito pagpansin sa kanya.

Czairex furrowed his brow as Selene stopped and looked back at him. He quickly averted his gaze to hide the pain that spread across his face.

"I'm fine here, Selene. I'll finish my meal, and then I'll leave. You can go back to work," he said, trying to sound casual.

Czairex didn't get a response, so he assumed that Selene had left. However, he was taken aback when he heard her voice again.

"We'll talk later," she said.

His eyes widened, and he quickly turned to look at her, but she was already walking back into the house, leaving him with only her back view.

After his wife's words, Czairex found himself more interested in finishing his food. He wasn't really that hungry, but he ate all the remaining food in the tupperware. Maybe he needed the energy for their conversation later.

He decided that he would tell Selene the truth about not being the first to kiss Niva and that he didn't want that kiss. He needed to prepare himself for her questions, even those about Niva. Czairex was sure that Selene would ask about her.

Czairex didn't want to dwell on his past with Niva, but he knew that he had to do what was necessary if he wanted to keep Selene. He didn't want to lie to her, and he didn't want her to doubt him.

He loved Selene, and she had become an essential part of his life. He knew that he wouldn't be complete without her by his side. He would tell her the truth, even if it meant risking their relationship.

After cleaning up the dishes, Czairex immediately left the yard and went outside the house. His eyes searched for Selene, and he spotted her with two men outside the small plywood house. One of them was the man he saw earlier with Selene inside the house, probably the engineer based on his uniform, and the other was probably Mrs. Dominguez's nephew.

He couldn't hear what his wife was saying, but he could tell that she was speaking based on the movements of her lips.

Nagdilim ang mukha ni Czairex at humigpit ang hawak niya sa paper bag nang makita ang pamangkin ng Mrs. Dominguez na iyon na malagkit na nakatitig sa asawa niya at bakas ang pagnanasa sa mukha nito.

Handa na si Czairex na sugurin ang gagong lalaki na iyon na pinagnanasahan ang asawa niya nang biglang tumuon sa kanya ang paningin ni Selene. He noticed how Selene's forehead creased when she saw him with his dark face.