⤷ ୨୧ EXTRA: Jiri Haneul ⸝⸝‧₊

✦ . KH: Act . — 001
꒷꒦ Checkmate, Marchioness! — 2 𓏲 ࣪₊༞

・୨・┈┈・୨ ✦ ୧・┈┈・୧・

Months have passed since she was reincarnated into Jiri Haneul's body.

Formerly Ilione Evora, the daughter of a noble duke and duchess in Eremos, now Jiri Haneul, the heroine's best friend and a supporting character of Tales of Hart.

Ilione remembered recommending the novel to Astraea back then—she finished the story, even if it was an unrealistic fairytale. Nevertheless, Ilione always loved happy endings.

And that was simply because Ilione Evora desires the happy ending she was never given.

The author of "Tales of Hart", Verena Nylle, was a compatriot of Ilione Evora, yes, but they were not friends. Ilione had her own reasons to dislike Verena, and though she agreed that the author's claim was delusional, she empathised with her.

Ilione pitied Verena. She wondered if Verena made it all up in her head because she was desperate to live quietly and happily, just as she did. The horrible, envious yet melancholic glances Verena would give to Ilione pierced her heart.

She figured it was because Verena had tried so hard to become friends with Astraea Miakoda for whatever reason, but Astraea seemed to deject her so. The young woman understood why, yes, but the author must have envied the way Ilione was able to easily befriend Astraea.

"Your Highness," Jiri's lady-in-waiting, Renese, calls from the frame of her door, "Her Majesty is looking for you."

It was... tiring. Ilione Evora was tired of living such dreadful lives, and all she wished for was to be happy, but each time, she had to force a lonely smile onto her unfamiliar, child-like face.

Ilione Evora and Jiri Haneul were so similar, it was almost unnerving. They both looked up to their fathers, and yet, both Duke Evora and King Haneul were neglectful and had yet to spare their daughters a glance. Duchess Evora and Queen Haneul had yet to end the berating, constantly controlling them as though they were puppets tied to thin and hurtful strings.

And, once more, Ilione lives merely to support the important characters as Jiri.

"Yes..." was all Ilione could murmur, still so unsettled with the unfamiliar tone and small voice of the body she was in.

Standing from the edge of her comfortable silk bed, Ilione finds herself fixing her hair as she stares into her reflection in the mirror of Jiri's vanity. Once finished, she prep-talked herself in her thoughts, before heading out the door to meet with Jiri's mother.

Dyueun Haneul sits calmly on a refined chair, an empty seat opposite to hers left for Jiri to sit in. The queen takes a sip from her teacup, watchful eyes of servants all around as Jiri plops herself into the empty chair.

"I thought I taught you better than this." a scowl is evident on Dyueun's face, "Will you not greet your mother properly, child?"

Bowing her head, "Good morning, mother, Her Majesty, the morning star of Astrapide." Jiri murmured in greeting. And though Dyueun was not satisfied with her tone of voice, the queen only sighed and let it be.

I wonder what expression you'd have on your face upon realising that I am impersonating your daughter.

"Miizumi Nettuno and Vetle Alaric's public engagement announcement will take place later today." Dyueun inevitably changes the topic, setting her teacup down with the slightest clink. "We will leave for Hudorania shortly once your father has settled his affairs. Be on your best behaviour, Jiri." the raven-haired woman continued, Jiri expecting a lecture on her etiquette, but to her surprise and relief, Dyueun stayed quiet.