4

As the days passed, I couldn't stop fretting over my relationship with Aima. I did say that I'd leave her after a year but that's exactly not what I plan to do, I can't let go of her. I did decide to give her some space but seems like she has forgotten about our relationship. It's high time to remind her of her married life.

"I do remember telling you guys that we will arrange a reception when you want, just tell me when you're ready for it" Mahir sat across his father, "Tomorrow. I  want it to be held tomorrow" he replied. Nauman nodded his head and told him that the arrangements will be done. Whilst Mahir decides to choose their attires for the day.

Naqvi Mansion,

"Aima, can I have a word with you" Amira sits beside Aima on the sofa, "Yes mama, what is it?" She asked, Amira observed that Mahir and Aima didn't have a stable relationship, she felt like Aima was forced to be with her son.

"Don't mind me asking but did you willingly marry Mahir?" She asked, Aima shook her head, she decided to tell her mother-in-law what happened back in Multan.

"As you know I belong to the Wajahat Family, Women there are treated as objects, my father never wanted a daughter because of how brutally his sisters were treated, he never wanted the same for his child. My dad was not like my dada and my uncle Aman abandoned his family for the sake of his wife and daughter, but his son Zaamir was just like dada.

I was the only girl left in the Wajahat house and my dada wanted me to marry an older man for the sake of money. That's when I decided to flee, my Khala ami helped me escape, but one of the guards saw me fleeing and many of them began to follow me. And then Mahir saw me and helped me, he took me to his mansion and I stayed there for a few days." It hurt as Aima recalled those awful moments she went through.

"So you guys didn't fall in love at first sight and didn't get married out of love? I should stop assuming things before I get to know the whole story" Aima shook her head in denial,

"Mahir wanted to attend one of his friend's wedding ceremony, who also happens to be my paternal aunt's son but I didn't know that until I went there. My cousin Zaamir saw me that day and the next day while I was waiting for Mahir, I heard the doorbell ring. I thought it was Mahir so I opened the door and that was my biggest mistake.

My cousin Zamir dragged me back to the haveli, the next morning my dada announced that I was to be married off the next day.  I didn't know who the groom was but the only thing I heard from Zamir was that the man paid my dada a hefty amount to marry me.

Mahir was the groom, and he did pay my grandfather, when I told him he was doing the same thing, they were selling me off to him and he's buying me but he said that he just paid the amount they spend on me, because he didn't want them to get back one day and claim their rights on me. That's how we got married" she narrated, the memories of the haveli scared her.  The only thing she missed was her Khala Ami, the woman who brought her up and looked after her just as a mother would do for their child.

"I told Mahir to leave me back in Multan, I wanted him to divorce me but he didn't listen." She added. "Do you still wish to file for a divorce?" Aima asked, afraid of her answer to be yes. "I don't know mama, I have nowhere to go. I feel like I'm lost" she replied.  The real reason was she didn't want to leave them, they were very nice to her and made her feel homely but her relationship with Mahir makes her think otherwise.

"Let me guide you then. I have gone through a lot as well but not as much as you did. Nauman and I had our differences but with time we began to understand each other and gradually we knew that it was impossible to live without each other. We do argue a lot but Nauman learned to control his anger because of how sensitive I am. 

Divorce isn't the solution Aima, you can try to sort out things between you guys, try to trust Mahir, and give your relationship a chance. Even then if you don't feel like staying you can leave by your own will and I assure you that I'll be standing by your side. But I'd suggest you give a chance to your relationship" Aima observed what Amira had said. She thought about it the whole time and decided to give a chance to their relationship.

At night she saw a dress and ornaments spread across the bed, she looked around for Mahir. "Whose dress is this?" She asked as he walked into the room casually. "My second wife's" he grinned, "Okay sorry, it's yours. Tomorrow is our reception, so I bought these for you," he said laying down on the couch, and began to scroll on his phone.

"Our reception, why didn't you tell me earlier?" She snatched his phone as he wasn't paying attention to her. "I forgot" he replied. " I need some time" he heard her mumble.  "The reception is tomorrow, you'll have plenty of time to get ready, stop worrying and sleep now" he replied.

"I need some time to trust you, to reform our relationship, and try to make it work. Why can't you sit at a place and hear me out?" She was irked as he walked over to the bed. He looked surprised hearing her talk about reforming their relationship. "Who put this much sense in you" he tried to mock her only to get hit by a pillow. "If you speak nonsense again the next thing to hit you will be my shoes" she warned him, in return he chuckled.

"On a serious note, I'll give you the space you want. Take your time and just avoid the divorce thing" he said before dozing off. Aima sighed. She kept her dress and jewelry aside and laid beside him.

The next day, the reception was to begin in the afternoon. Aima was assisted by the makeup artist and a house helper to get her ready for the event.

She was dressed in an olive green organza choli with zardozi crafted on and designed with floral motifs and dreamy pink embellishments. The celestial dupatta is mounted with a border and spread of embellished lines, making it a perfect choice for the event. The gleaming ornaments accentuate her look. She ended up with some light makeup, left her hair open, and not to forget the white rose gajras made by Mahir.

Once they were done the ladies left her alone in the room. She waited to be called downstairs but what she wasn't expecting at the moment was her husband, standing by the door. The smirk on his face made her want to smack him. The then glanced at his outfit. He wore a three-piece suit of similar color as hers.

"These gajras wrapped around your tiny wrists look ravishing Janan" He held her hands. "You look nice as well" she pulled her hands back, "Shy kitten" he chortled. "I'm not shy, you sound like a drunkard" she retorted. Before he could reply to her, Maaz had come to call them downstairs. "You guys are always up for ruining the fun" he sounded like an annoyed kid and stormed out. Leaving Maaz and Aima in fits.

¤

Note

𝘍𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨, 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳! 𝘐'𝘮 𝘦𝘹𝘤𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘴 𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘴𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢𝘯 𝘶𝘱𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘐 𝘥𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘰 𝘪𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘴𝘰 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘣𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘴𝘩 𝘰𝘯 𝘮𝘦. 𝘐 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘹𝘵 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭  𝘣𝘦 𝘢𝘮𝘢𝘻𝘪𝘯𝘨. 𝘛𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘯𝘰𝘸. 𝘌𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺!

𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘷𝘰𝘵𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘶𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘳.
sʜᴇ ɴᴇᴇᴅs ʜᴇʟᴘ!