Show Me Your Smile (I Really Like You)

A/N: My first idol au, as well as, crossover ship fic! Hope you all like it!

Written as part of FOR THE RECORD: DISC ONE

NOW PLAYING: I Really Like You by Carly Rae Jepsen

-----------

Everyone wanted to protect that smile. The type of smile that lit up a room, the type of smile one could never be too sad after seeing, the type of smile that had everyone swooning. Hong Eunchae owned that smile. She had an explosive presence on stage, a soft yet mature voice, boundless amounts of positive energy, and an extremely pretty face to boot. No wonder so many people were attracted to her. Ever since she debuted people had been coming up to her telling her how cute she was and how much they loved her. She was of course flattered by all of the praise, always responding with a "thank you," as a slight flush rose on her cheeks. Her shy nature made her humble in that way.

Later on, however, it wasn't just off-handed compliments by idols in the company as she walked by or fans in the street as LE SSERAFIM embarked on schedules, she started receiving genuine questions asking her out. It started back when she first became an MC for KBS Music Bank in February 2023. How she managed to turn down at least five people in the span of two years before she finally gained some courage to ask out the person she had actually liked all that time eluded her, but that was the thing about feelings, they were hard to figure out sometimes.

-----------

The 10th of March 2023. Eunchae had been working with actor Lee Chaemin as the second MC for KBS Music Bank for a little over a month. After finishing this week's episode, she walked back to the MC room she shared with Chaemin. She sat at the desk she had and looked at herself in the mirror for a few moments before grabbing her diary out of her bag. Opening it to a fresh page, she started writing down her thoughts and experiences of the day.

As she wrote, she came to realize just how tough this job was. While being extremely rewarding, being an MC was not for the faint of heart. Keeping her composure on stage while announcing the award winners for the week and interviewing idols for her show was a skill that she had to learn very early on. And, she did all of that on top of being an idol herself. It was not the kind of job any ordinary person could handle. She knew she was special to be given this opportunity after applying. They thought she could handle it. So, she wasn't about to let them down any time soon.

She finished writing her diary entry and closed it as Chaemin walked in with a small bouquet of flowers and some sweets. Whoever they were for was a lucky person. Chaemin was a really nice person from what she observed. Anyone would be grateful to receive gifts like those from him.

"Eunchae-ssi, these are for you. I really like you, please go out with me!" Chaemin confessed.

The gifts were for her. That was unexpected. She was flattered, but dating was just not something she thought about with everything else in her life currently. She was also still quite young.

"It's okay if you say no. I understand. Just accept these as a token of friendship then." Chaemin handed Eunchae the flowers and sweets.

Eunchae took them with a sincere nod and smile. "Thank you, Chaemin-ssi. I'm sorry. I'm not looking to date someone right now."

"It's okay. I'm just glad I was able to tell you. Can I hug you?"

Eunchae set the flowers and sweets down on her desk and got up to hug Chaemin. "Of course, you can."

"I'm really happy I get to be an MC with you."

"Me too."

-----------