Secrets

Takes place in the episode where the guy arrives, forgive my carelessness, know I'm genuine💎

🌜Y/n pov🌛

"Lydia I don't understand why you won't let me see your friend, if he's bothering you I'll kick his ass, just, I don't get it."

"There's nothing to get, y/n, just know that he is no good, he's only here because he likes toying with humans, you just have to promise me that you'll stay away from him."

"Your my best friend, so, I'll promise you, I just want an explanation"

"You trust me right?" Finished Lydia, y/n knew she was never assertive like this so they backed down.

"Of course I trust you."

Lydia smiled, retreating to her normal self "I'm glad to hear that y/n"

"Uh, thanks Lydia.  I'm tired and I'm sure you are too, your acting strange but I couldn't blame you since it's to late, I'm heading to bed" 

""Okay, just don't get lost" she said with a cheery wave

Y/n traced their way around the castle, the ball had absolutely tired them, but they felt like an absolute princess roaming the halls in a gown, be it slightly tattered from the night of dancing.  They crashed into their pillowy bed, forgetting about changing, and began to drift off.

It might've been around four in the morning, y/n was tethering between their dreams and the comfort of the sheets and lace, unaware of their own consciousness yet somewhat aware of the silhouette pronounced beside the balcony.

They had to wake up more until they had any recognition of him, but the dawn of a possible threat posed more important than dyscyphering his figure. As soon as adrenaline shot through their blood they were stiff against the back board, armed with sheer confidence, and a pocket knife they had slipped through the pocket of the gown.

He stepped inside, leaning all his weight into the latest step, giving him the look of a rowdy drunk.  Effortlessly curled locks of leathery hair fell into his face leaving him disheveled, but there was a uneasy look of clarity in his eyes, sharper than the knife y/n welds, and it was basically useless against them.   His clothes draped perfectly around him, formal enough to be considered rich, but not wealthy, not Ashenbert level wealthy, he hadn't came from the ball, or at least he wasn't a guest.

"Kelpie..." Y/n admitted, the shock had worn off and they were almost relieved the figure was an old acquaintance.

"So you remember me" replied the intruder as he pulled on a smirk

"I could never forget you," they said with uncertainty "I'm just confused why you're... here."

"Y/N, what reason would I be here other than to see you again?"

"You left me, Kelpie, I'm willing to forgive you but I'm not willing to act like nothing happened."

"My angel, I think you'll find that you left me, but I promise it won't stay like that for long~"

"What are you talking about, you know the human world is my home, and when I left with Lydia I promised I'd stay in contact, I've made efforts to see you, and you left my letters unreturned and failed to meet me when you had agreed to do so,"

"And believe me, precious, I would have, however my magic can only go so far, and not far enough to bypass Lydia's spell..." 

"Spell?"

"If you couldn't already tell, she's hear over heels for you, and I couldn't blame her for it, but I could never forgive her for trying to keep you away from me, bitch committed an absolute act of evil; refusing me from the one person I could ever love..."

Y/n ran into Kelpie's arms which he gladly accepted, his warm body still damn damp from the lake and his wind swept hair echoed his recent past, y/n had always known him as a prince as wild as the woodland he wore, and they were glad to be reunited with his familiar musk

Although they were more then elated to see their prince, one sentence replayed in their mind; Lydia loved them?!