Extended Summary + Author's Note

Author's Note:

This is only a 3-chapter ( a pretty long 3 chapters ) preview; the rest of the story can be found on the Radish app at http://radishfiction.com

* * *

Extended Summary:

Core lives two lives.

By day, she is the graceful (albeit slightly sassy) daughter of The Confederate's beloved leader, General Gray. Her daily tasks involve attending menial lessons at the Imperial Conservatoire, standing by her father's side in important functions, and waiting patiently at home like a proper lady should as the men board their starships to set out for intergalactic exploration.

By night, she is the deadly (and still sassy) vigilante known as Nightshade. Her nightly tasks involve patrolling the planet, saving the space patrol's asses, and defying as many ridiculous mandates that governs their planet as she can — all while keeping her very female identity secret.

The Confederate has set clear lines on what females and males should and should not do, but Core is determined to blast every single one of them to bits and pieces with her highly classified and definitely stolen plasma gun. She loves protecting her people as Nightshade, and really, it isn't her fault that none of them would ever consider that the sky rider was ultimately female. Core lives and breathes the stars in the sky, content to enjoy her double life for as long as possible.

Except things start going very wrong faster than the speed of light, and neither Core nor Nightshade ever did do well with just standing by the sidelines.

* * *

A FEW WARNINGS PLEASE READ (because if I see people whining/complaining/asking in the comment box is2g i might just flip):

—- there are so many plot twists in this one so be ready to "wtf" your way through it.

—- this isn't my usual genre. If I butcher this one up, forgive me.

—- there will be a slight love triangle somewhere there but don't expect a love story in here. It's not gonna happen, I swear. Not here. If you want a sappy romance go to my other stories, you'll die of sappiness and drama.

—- there will probably be a lot of cussing in this story; in my head, Core curses like a sailor.

—- since I wanted to challenge a lot of traditional conventions (aka women's role in society, stereotypes, looking down on the youth, lgbtq+) some opinions/thoughts/scenes may be highly controversial. Reader discretion is ultimately advised.

That is all.

* * *

PLAYLIST: (8tracks on external link, profile, or /anchoredships)

YOUNG BLOOD | BEA MILLER

ROYALS | LORDE

BURN | ELLIE GOULDING

THE BIG BANG | ROCK MAFIA

SHAKE IT OUT | FLORENCE + THE MACHINE

TITANIUM | GAVIN MIKHAIL (DAVID GUETTA FEAT. SIA COVER)

THUNDER CLATTER | WILD CUB

ROAR | MACY KATE (KATY PERRY COVER)

BORN THIS WAY (COUNTRY ROAD VERSION) | LADY GAGA

MAYBE TONIGHT | THE SUMMER SET