Chapter x 10 [Book 2]

"I promise you won't be hurt," Killua told Krystal, grabbing her hand.

"There's no way I'd let myself lose another person I love..." Killua thought.

Krystal nodded, scared to death. She definitely didn't want to be kidnapped also.

"I'll be right next to you the whole time," Killua assured her, thinking of his plan. "Okay, ready?"

"Godspeed!"

...

8:55 pm, 3 miles away from Mande Peak.

"Almost there..." Killua said to himself.

...

8:59, Mande Peak.

Killua slowly made his way up the mountain, his footing swift and done with ease. And finally, he reached the top. And there the man was, standing atop the mountain, directly in the center, staring at his watch. At his right side, was Alluka, with her hands tied behind her back, and tape strapped over her mouth. She squirmed at the sight of her big brother, her eyes drawn to him, wide in fear.

Killua made no move. Instead, he stood tall, staring at the man, with Krystal hovering behind him.

"Took you long enough," the man said in a monotonous tone. "I thought you won't come."

"Hand over my sister," Killua said, ignoring what the man had just said.

"Now, now," the man chuckled. "We have a deal, don't we? Remember?"

"Who said I was accepting it?" Killua narrowed his eyes, his pupils sharp as the edge of a blade, ready to pierce the man if they could, forced into an icy look of daggers.

"Well," the man showed his white, straight teeth. "I see that you've brought just the thing I'm looking for."

"She's not just a thing." Killua spoke intensely, raising his voice.

"Whatever," the man grimaced. "She's all I have left," the man looked off to the side, bitterly. "With my wife and butler completely and utterly useless, she'll be a help around the house."

"You're a monster," Killua clenched his teeth. "You're a filthy, money-grubbing, selfish pig, you know that? I don't give a crap about who you are, celebrity, high-social status government official, actor, rich entrepreneur, or whatever. But calling this girl, who you supposedly call your daughter, a real human being, just some "thing" is unacceptable."

"Do you even care about the state your wife is in right now?" Killua looked down, scowling.

"You just don't get it," the man sighed. "I married the woman for money. Fame. And she married me for the same reasons. We just wanted to have perfect lives, with children who would make money as well, and live our legacy. They would follow in our footsteps, and bring pride to the family."

"But someone like you would never understand," the man laughed. "I'm sure you were brought up in a family that taught you the importance of care and affection, and you were told you could marry whoever you wanted, the person you actually loved."

Killua's breathing pace picked up. A nerve was stuck. His eyes went empty, his blood boiling with anger. Of course he knew. He experienced this firsthand, what it's like to have a family expecting you to follow in their footsteps.

"How dare you make accusations like that..." Killua grumbled under his breath, his voice a quiet whisper. He swallowed any insults that threatened to come spilling out.

"Now." Killua looked up to the sky.

"Aaaaaughh!" a punch came from an emitted hole in the ground, underneath the man.

The man was caught by surprise, being thrown off his feet and onto the ground.

"Great timing, Leorio," Kurapika chimed, climbing out of the hole Leorio emerged from. His calm demeanor set the mood, as if it was just another meet up with Killua, Gon, and Leorio.

"Alluka!" Killua ran quickly to his sister, pulling the tape off of her lips and untying the ropes.

"Big brother!" Alluka yelled back without restraint, hugging Killua tightly, not intending to let go.

"I'm here..." Killua spoke softly, hugging her back.

"Thank you guys," Killua looked up at his friends, who came to his aid.

"Of course," Kurapika nodded.

"We're happy to help," Leorio added.

"I knew this would happen..." the man scooted his back back on the ground. "Guards!"

"Guards—?" Kurapika asked, looking around, only to see a group of them coming towards him.

It was a crowd of roughly 15-20 people, all rushing towards Killua, Kurapika, Leorio, Krystal, and Alluka.

"Get the girl!" one of the men in front commanded.

Krystal stood frozen in fear, watching a group of people charge towards her, all significantly taller and bigger than her. She braced for impact, predicting she was gonna be grabbed by one of the men.

But Killua jolted in front of her, knocking the guy out with a swift kick.

"Dad?" Krystal opened her eyes, seeing Killua in front of her. "You... you saved me." The corners of her lips rose a little as she spoke.

Killua stood there, pausing to look at Krystal.

"Y-yes, of course," Killua stammered, shaking his head after a moment.

"Big brother!" Alluka shrieked, two men grabbing her arms and dragging her away.

Once again, Killua darted over, hastily performing a precise roundhouse kick to take out both men simultaneously.

"A little help here!" Leorio complained, blocking the punches of a guard with his two arms.

"I'm coming!" Kurapika responded, ducking to dodge an incoming attack.

...

The man whimpered, slowly backing up towards the edge, reaching the cliff.

Every single one of his guards were down.

"So how are we gonna deal with scum like him?" Killua snorted, spitting on the ground.

"Don't worry, Leorio and I will take care of him," Kurapika smiled. "Now go and take care of your husband," he placed a hand on Killua's shoulder, and gave a kind smile.

"Yeah," Killua grinned back, looking at Krystal and Alluka. "Alright," Killua waved. "See you later."

...

"Am I really gonna have to carry both of you?" Killua groaned.

"Yes!" Krystal and Alluka gigged at the same time.

...

As Killua ran towards the hospital, he was thinking three things. One: Alluka was safe. Two: Gon was gonna be okay. And three...

That Krystal had called him dad.