||chapter one - stole||

As the sun began to rise , i'd decided it was likely time to head back home , it probably wasn't a good idea to spend the whole night fishing. I began packing the few items of gear i had along with the decent amount of fish , and finally turned to get home. Though as i neared my house the usual calamity that could be heard from a distance a way wasn't audible.

"that's odd" I said aloud , "i wonder why everyone's being so quiet"

The front door was open, perhaps when my parents awoke they just opened it for me.

I paused , there was a strange metallic scent in the air , coming from my home , strange. I  kept going , walking slower. My eyes widened.

"is that-" i cut myself off

blood was splattered on the inside of the door , with red puddled at the edge of the entrance. I dropped my gear along with the fish and went for the door , holding the frame by the side  i stared in , tears already forming in my wide eyes.

The walls were stained red , clumps of the flesh that made up my siblings , my mother were messily thrown about , limbs and parts were piled in a corner , i looked closer and saw a large shadow tucked away in the corner of my front room. disgusting sounds of juicy chewing filled my ears and i saw my last somewhat intact family member , my father , that shadow sat above him and was feasting. My father , with what was likely the last of his strength , reached out his hand.

"run.." he weakly said.

The shadow turned its head , glowing yellow eyes stared at me and slowly started moving towards me , its movement was unlike anything i'd seen , twitchy , inhuman movement.

"Didn't you hear him ?! Run young Tensuke" Another voice boomed from behind me

I was thrown away from the door , a man with long black hair in a ponytail and a large cape-like haori , purple and black in colour on his back, he was wielding two large curved blades that were linked with a chain , i'm not sure where from but i recognised him despite the mask covering his face.

I took off , cold with fear , shock and sadness as i ran faster than i had ever ran , even as my legs were exhausted they kept moving at a constant speed , my eyes blurring with tears that would't disappear, no matter how much i smeared them away , trees now surrounding me i continued blindly running.

Then a root or a branch , something on the earth caught my foot and i tripped.

I awoke in a place i'd never been before , led on the  floor seemingly alone.

"Hello? Is anyone there??" I asked aloud , panicking slightly.

"Hey there , its me , that woodcutter boy , you know ? Its Aldrich" young Aldrich said calmly "your from that Tensuke family ,right? The fishermen?" He asked as he held out a steaming mug of tea.

"Erh , thanks..? And yes I'm Shinra Tensuke" i responded , confused with slight amnesia after hitting my head.

"What were you doing out in those woods this early in the morning??" Aldrich asked

"Oh sh- .." My eyes were wide as my memory returned. The horrific image of his fathers last words resurfaced and burned into my mind. "My parents, and siblings they're all dead , killed by some monster.."

"Oh , im so sorry , is it still there , do you want to come back with me to see if theres a way we could bury them? Ill tell my mother to inform the authorities."

"Yes , i suppose.." I responded , i knew the creature was gone as that swordsman looked very capable, you could tell he knew what he was doing, i still couldn't shake the feeling of familiarity he gave me but i continued regardless.

I walked with Aldrich as he practically led me to my own home , even after seeing the scene already i was still shocked , blood and flesh dripped to the floor , my fathers body laying just as it was a few hours before , only now nature had began its course , flies swarmed the house and the fish a few feet away.

After some time with some help from a few local officers that ms.Aldrich called , we finally had the house clear , four makeshift graves beside it , mother and father , brother , brother and sister, what remained as five people that made up my household fit into four graves.

"What happened ..?" Aldrich asked as him and i sat on the grass , drained in both ways.

"I.. don't know.. i got home in the early hours of the morning after staying out fishing , when i got home there was a beast over my fathers body , he told me to run in his last breaths , my father , then a masked man with two large blades pushed past me and repeated , telling me to run. So i did , next thing i know I'm waking up on the floor of your home. It's all too much.." I said as i began to tear up.

"Oh , i think i know what happened, come with me i think theres a book that could help"

I nodded my head as i wiped the tears away, hope of some sort of closure made me feel a little better. We headed back to his residence and he dragged me into a somewhat large library. Be searched for a moment until taking out a book , he opened it and began telling me of a demon slayer corps.

Demons exist and demon slayers hunt them , a hidden organisation.

"To become a demon slayer you must train under a master to learn a 'breathing technique' , then you are to enter a survival exercise , 'final selection'. Then you receive a kasugai crow , a means of communication through the demon slayer corps , it will give you instructions in tasks , missions and when to gather for meetings." Aldrich continued explaining in detail , revealing the world of demon slayers to me.

"Well then , i know what i must do, i will become a demon slayer to get revenge on all demons i can , i must not be the only victim , i must do what i can now." With this new mindset sinking in , i could feel my memories and personality slowly cloud as i made room for what would be my new life.

"Then i will too! I can't stand to see any more innocent people like that.. it's not right" Aldrich agreed

For s month or two i stayed with Aldrich and his mother was rather accepting of our decisions, as it turns out , her parents were demon slayers , thats probably why he had the information , seeing as they were supposed to be a hidden organisation.

We soon said our goodbyes , He had been my closest and only friend for the last month or two , i would never forget him. We set off in different directions looking for a mentor. As i head away from our small village , he stopped me.

"Sir , Who are you ?" "You were there on that day."
Seeing him brought back memories i didn't want.
He pointed away further into the wood.

"That way" He muttered , his voice unrecognisable, and then as soon as he had appeared , he was gone again.

"Wait.." he was already gone .

i began walking in the direction he pointed. When i thought about it , he was likely a demon slayer , meaning.. he probably avenged my family, i should've thanked him. Who was he anyway?

——————————

I hope this is better than the original one 😭
Enjoy ! And have a wonderful day/night ;)
Word count : 1251