Quick encounters

work was exhausting, to say the least.

You lazily stride down the sidewalk, typing away at your phone as rain hit the hood of your coat; pulled tightly over your head. The screen lit up with a constant string of texts, your eyes glued to it as your feet hit the ground softly. you could see your apartment building in front of you, never facing up as you pushed open the doors. your socks and shoes were soaking wet, dragging in mud from behind you as you casually stepped into the pristine lobby, making your way to the elevator.

'oh, by the way Y/n, I know you just got off of work and you're tired but there's this party tonight and everyone wants to see you there. you up for it?'

You sighed. I mean, you hadn't been to a social event in what felt like forever, so could it really hurt? Work, shrouding your days with constant stress. You shrugged, as if Ivan could see the gesture and began to write out a response.

'I mean, why not?'

'Oh my god, finally. You always reject my invitations'

You smiled, huffing out a slight laugh as you took off your shoes and placed them in their holder. You tugged at the wet jacket, throwing it into the hamper that laid beside the front door. Your apartment was dark, setting an eerie feeling as you dragged your feet towards the switch that adorned the wall.

the room seemed to overflow with dim light as you slipped onto your couch, pulling you phone out of your pocket again.

You pulled up Ivan's contact and let your eyes scan the words that graced your screen.

'Ok, I've told everyone now, and they're all expecting you. Oh btw the party is at like 10 so don't be late babe'

'Oh my god where did you go you whore'

You giggled at his temper, eyeing the screen before laying it down on your stomach. You stretched out across the couch, grabbing the remote and turning on the tv. The news was on, and quite frankly, very interesting tonight.

"Numerous murders have been sprouting all around the city, ruining countless lives and devastating the vast majority of people. Families have fallen apart, students have dropped out, lives have been taken. Police are on the chase for a possible suspect, yet we still have no idea for certain who's been causing the string of homicides.—"

You shut the tv off, boredly looking around. Maybe it wasn't as amusing as you originally thought it'd be, but it was still something. You sighed, rolling to a sitting position and staring at the wall for a second. Did you seriously wanna go to this party? It would be like every other one you attended, although not formal it was still a party. And, there is that murderer on the loose.

But, who cares I guess.

---

You tugged at the clothes that hugged your body, stepping in small rain puddles as you made your way towards your destination. The feeling of water splashing up your legs made you shiver slightly as you walked towards the crosswalk.

The silent presence of the man behind you tortured your mind as you tried anything to take it off him.

What the fuck is his problem?

I mean, seriously, who the fuck just casually followed a random girl around at 9:30 pm? It was stupid, just walking around like nothing mattered. That's what you thought, anyways, until you got a good Glace at him. Sure, he was hot and all with his tight turtle neck and black cargo pants, paired with a blue zip up. But Jesus, the mask creeped the shit out of you and you hadn't looked back at him since.