Chemical Peels in San Diego

Chemical Peels

Do you barely recognize the face that looks back at you in the mirror? If so, you're not alone. Aging is inevitable. Time, gravity, sun damage, environmental impurities, poor nutrition, and many other factors all cause your skin to loosen and sag. Additionally, the tone and texture of your skin can become uneven and hyperpigmented.

Fortunately, chemical peels can help all that and more.

What's a Chemical Peel Exactly?

A chemical peel is a cosmetic procedure where a chemical solution is applied to the cleansed skin in order to remove the dead and damaged top layers. The skin then grows back smoother, and more even in colour and texture.

Chemical peels are usually used on the face, to treat wrinkles, pigmentations, and scars. There are peels of different depths: light, medium, and deep, with the deeper ones giving more dramatic results but taking longer to heal. Chemical peels are effective alone or can be combined with other cosmetic procedures.

At Allurant Medical, one of our most popular peels is the VI Peel family. If you're not ready for the ravages of time to show on your face, there are numerous regenerative treatments to combat ageing signs, and this is just one of them.

What's in the VI-Peel?

No matter your age or skin type, the VI Peel may be the answer to your ageing skin. The VI Peel uses a mixture of vitamins and chemicals to rejuvenate your skin's texture and complexion overall. The founders of the VI Peel from the Los Angeles-based Vitality Institute describe it as a "Great first-time peel for all age groups who want fresh, healthy, radiant skin".

The peel has TCA (trichloroacetic acid), Vitamin C, Retin-A, Salicylic Acid, and Phenol, which leaves your skin more vibrant and youthful. It's a gentle medium-depth peel that offers instant and long-term regenerative results since it encourages collagen production. The more targeted versions of the peel may include Hydroquinone, Kojic Acid, Benzoyl Peroxide, and Hydrocortisone to target breakouts, hyperpigmentation, and inflammation.

VI Peel Benefits:

The VI Peel has five different versions each tailored to a specific concern; however, the overall benefits include:

Reducing active acne and superficial acne scars: The VI Peel soothes inflammation, therefore, reducing active acne. It also brightens dark areas as well as increases collagen to plump depressed or pitted skin.Diminishing sun spots, hyperpigmentation, and melasma: The ingredients in the VI Peel work synergistically to brighten the skin and leave the complexion glowing.Smoothing wrinkles and fine lines: The VI Peel resurfaces the skin stimulating new cell production. The combination of acids, antioxidants, and exfoliants penetrates the skin deeply, causing the production of collagen and elastin for smoother, and firmer skin with a youthful appearance.What Should I Expect During a VI Peel?

Your doctor will clean your face and then apply a chemical peel solution to your skin's outer layer. It's common to feel a mild tingling or burning sensation while the solution sits on your skin for a few minutes. The treatment will take approximately one hour from start to finish. Your skin will peel for a few days post-procedure, and the staff at Allurant Medical will give you aftercare instructions to help your skin heal more quickly. We'll also offer the best products to use for after-care cleaning and moisturizing.

Am I a Candidate for a Chemical Peel?

You're likely a fantastic candidate for a chemical peel because chemical peels work with any skin type. But everyone is different, so how your skin reacts to a chemical peel will be unique.

How Long Does it Take?

The treatment takes approximately 60 minutes, and you may need five to seven days of downtime since your skin will continue to peel.

You must follow the aftercare instructions. Use a powerful facial sunscreen and avoid sun exposure as much as possible for one week following your treatment, so your skin doesn't darken.

What About Side Effects?

Side effects are minimal to none. Most people peel around days 3-4 up to 7 days, and you must resist the urge to pick at the skin. This is especially important for patients with darker skin tones, as the picking can cause temporary skin discolouration around three days after treatment, though it dissipates independently. Other side effects may include swelling, redness, irritation, and sensitivity.

What About the Cost?

Your chemical peel cost depends on how many treatments you need to reach your desired skin goals. Our treatments are affordable and reasonably priced, and we offer financing options to suit your budget. It's best to schedule a complimentary consultation and have Allurant Medical develop a personalized treatment plan just for you.

Where Can I Get One?

Alluring Medical Spa is a premier, VI Peel practitioner and we have a team of highly-trained experts available to answer all your questions. For a complimentary consultation today and discover which treatments are right for you.