~FORTY-NINE~

"We're all but bits and pieces of a puzzle put together, in harmony with the stars; we make the earth complete, and in extension, the universe."
- Ifebode.

_____•°•_____

This chapter is dedicated to Donald Uzoka. DonaldUzoka Live on forever in our hearts.❤️

And thank you guys for 16k+. God bless you.❤️✨

_____°•° _____

•ORE•

Because what I saw in those photos...just about shredded me to pieces.

"Shit! Shit! Shit!" I cussed repeatedly as I scrolled through the photos, my eyes getting wider every second. "Oh, God!"

"Omo..." Fawaz said and looked at me. Then he turned to Josh. "Guy, you were right oh. I never thought...omo..." He stared at me again. The other guys exchanged looks with each other for about two seconds before their gazes landed on me.

"You were cheating on Chidera?" Oche said, his brows furrowed in confusion. "And with your seatmate, Bolu?" He ran his hands through his bushy hair. "Or are those pictures wrong?"

"I gotta admit," Fikayo said, "I am utterly shocked." I was surprised to see he hadn't walked ahead of us like he usually did. He let out a humorless chuckle. "All the more reason to leave this God-forsaken country." He scoffed, shook his head, and walked away.

With the whispers in the background, and the hostel guys saying those things and wearing facial expressions of disappointment and betrayal, all I could think about was where Bolu and Chidera were.

I had to find both of them; or at least, one of them. I checked my watch. It was just a few minutes before assembly would start. And Bolu must have arrived. Chidera, too, since she was the timekeeper. I was guessing they had both seen it, and would be mad furious at me. I just...just had to find either of them. God, this was a huge mess.

"Guy!" Jeremy said with gritted teeth, snapping me out of my reverie. Looked me dead in the eyes. "Sheybi I told you something like this would happen? Satisfied now?"

I hated the tone Jeremy was using to talk to me. It sounded a lot like the tone my dad used when he was disappointed at me- which was practically all the time.

I hated that Jeremy's tone reminded me of my dad's right now. I hated that Jeremy, my best friend, was mad at me, even though he was right to be mad at me. Everyone was. It made a lump form in my throat.

Swallowing the lump, I opened my mouth to speak. "Has anyone seen Bolu or Chidera?" My eyes searched around for either of them, down to end of the hallway.

The boys stared at me, shaking their heads. Not to tell me no, though. It was more like they could not believe I was asking them that question. Right now.

"Gee," Jeremy said, "Of course. We keep them in our pockets. And obviously, we did not just arrive together a few minutes ago."

"Guy now..." I said, my voice sounding like remorse and desperation. I raised my brows at the other guys, silently re-asking them my question. But when all the response I got was more silence and heads shaking in disappointment, I got pissed, sort of, exhaled and walked away from them.

They made a path for me to walk through, the whispers of my classmates still present in the background. But I paid no mind to them as I texted Bolu on WhatsApp.