Wounds within valley.

It was December and The snowy lips of winter had caressed the mountains and valleys, leaving behind a pristine blanket of white. The frigid winds relentlessly swept through the land, biting at everything in their path and leaving a chill that permeated to the bone. With the bitter cold outside, people sought refuge in the warmth of their homes, huddled by the fireside or bundled up under blankets . The once flowing rivers and shimmering lakes had succumbed to the icy grip of winter, their surfaces now transformed into a crystalline expanse of frozen beauty. As the temperatures dropped, the environment became shrouded in a dense fog, obscuring the familiar landmarks and adding an eerie, almost mystical atmosphere to the wintry landscape. As the winter solstice drew near, the days grew ever shorter, with the sun peeking timidly above the horizon before retreating once again into the darkness of night, casting long shadows that seemed to stretch on forever. The bitter cold relentlessly persisted with each passing day, making it increasingly difficult to brave the elements outside, as the sharp bite of frost in the air threatened to numb even the hardiest of souls.  As December drew to a close, the looming presence of another month of harsh, wintry cold hung in the air, casting a foreboding shadow over the land and promising more frigid days and longer nights to come. in its path, with the biting winds and icy temperatures wreaking havoc on the land and bringing even the hardiest of creatures to their knees. As the harsh grip of winter tightened, access to vital resources such as water and markets dwindled, with the icy conditions making travel treacherous and limiting the ability to procure necessary goods. With the arrival of January, the valley braced itself for even worse weather, knowing that the bitter cold would only intensify in the days to come. Under the weight of heavy snowfall and the threat of avalanches, the once lush and vibrant woods were now a barren and lifeless expanse, with the frigid temperatures causing trees to snap and break under the strain. The eerie silence was only punctuated by the occasional creaking of ice and snow, as even the birds had fled the valley in search of warmer climes. The pervasive stillness was only broken by the howling of the bitter winds, as the unrelenting cold brought nothing but destruction and devastation to the valley. The constant threat of avalanches only added to the sense of dread and unease that permeated the landscape, with each new onslaught bringing with it a wave of destruction and despair. Those who lived near the forests bore the brunt of the winter's wrath, as the unyielding cold and ceaseless snowfalls wreaked havoc on their homes and livelihoods, leaving them struggling to survive amidst the unforgiving elements.
Amidst the suffering and devastation that the winter brought to those living near the forests, there was one man who stood out as a beacon of hope and compassion: Karim, a tall, gentle, and strong soul who was passionate about helping those in need. His boundless kindness and unwavering dedication to his community had earned him a well-deserved reputation for nobility, who  lived with his mother, Hajra, who, despite her age, was a pillar of strength and kindness in their community. A lover of peace and a noble soul, Hajra's gentle spirit had a way of bringing calm to even the most tumultuous of situations, and her unwavering support for her son had helped to shape him into the compassionate and selfless man he had become, Zamira Karim’s wife,  who was as tall as Karim with a face as white as the moon and eyes as sparkling as diamonds, was the one who had instilled in him an unwavering passion. Her heart was always open to others, and it was her nurturing influence that had helped shape Karim into the passionate individual he was. Her loving nature extended to her two little children, Nadeem and Sana, who were always captivated by the wisdom-filled stories of their grandmother, Hajjra. Hajjra's tales had a mesmerizing effect on them, and it was a joy for Zamira to watch her children's faces light up with wonder and excitement every time their grandmother spokeThe heavy snowfall had caused a state of confusion and disorientation among both the environment and people. The locals were glued to their radios, eagerly seeking updates on the weather. In Karim's house, Hajjra and the children were also listening intently to the radio, hoping for any news that would shed light on the current situation outside. Following every piece of information, Hajjra and the children engaged in discussions about the inaccessible market and insufficient food reserves, which was a source of frustration for everyone. The water crisis was taking a toll on people, and dry food supplies were running low in households, forcing everyone to resort to fasting.  Instead of having two meals a day, people had started to limit their food intake. The days were becoming shorter, but hunger was difficult to bear. The village elders tried to divert the attention of the younger ones from the hunger by sharing motivational stories, and storytelling became a common activity within households. The wood supply for keeping the houses warm was also dwindling, and as time passed, life under such conditions became increasingly harsh. The village was now cut off from the valley, and the sense of isolation only added to the hardships faced by the people. In these conditions, the hope to survive was as scarce as a needle in the night, and the constant rumbling of hunger in people's stomachs seemed to announce a never-ending competition. Hunger was slowly extinguishing the hope of many to carry on. Karim's mother, Hajjra, was in a similar state, and even though Nadeem and Sana were engrossed in her storytelling, their bodies were crying out for a proper diet. As the supply of wood dwindled, the cold began to intensify, and one day, while alone with Nadeem and Sana, Hajjra suddenly fell ill and started to shiver uncontrollably.  Karim was busy outside helping others, and the situation at home had already taken a turn for the worse. With her weak voice, Hajjra called out to Nadeem, requesting him to fetch some water for her. Nadeem took the water and started to care for her, placing his hand on her forehead. To his dismay, he found that her head was burning hot, even hotter than the fire. She was shivering uncontrollably and clearly in need of medical attention. Nadeem and Sana were frightened by the sudden turn of events. Nadeem quickly called out for his mother in a panicked voice. When Nadeem called out too loudly, his mother's ears were smothered by the sound of his voice, and she grew increasingly curious about what was happening inside. Various thoughts raced through her mind, including one about Hajjra, which turned out to be true.  .