Why I'm Leaving Today.

Hello everyone. 

I'm Magenta aka DarkWater120 and today, I'm announcing my goodbye to Wattpad. Why today? The quicker I leave Wattpad, the better. 

They have killed their own website due to the amount of carelessness and they have been promoting toxic relationships for 10 years. I'm talking about that Harry Styles fan fiction by Anna Todd. I do not want to be on a website where it just promotes shit like that, it makes me seriously angry that they persuaded everyone that toxic relationships are okay to be sexualised. I think there is another book that has been turned into a movie, the one with the boxing in it. 

Anyway, enough of that. Time to explain my true feelings:

I have felt like I have been disrespected for those 4 years of being on Wattpad, and that's mostly because I have been forced to regularly update by a couple of people or felt like I've been forced to do them. Due to the state of my mental health, I cannot do that anymore. I have undiagnosed depression, and so I get days where I just don't want to do anything. That is what grief does, it brings you down. I have lost my mum to epilepsy 3 years ago, and her birthday is next week. 

Do you know what it's like, losing a parent, especially the woman who gave you life?

Sometimes, I want to join her up there. That's how low my mental health is.

Now, recently, there was a bot going around promoting their fucking app to every LGBT book on their following list. Wattpad doesn't have a system in place that controls that, so that's another reason why I'm leaving. Basically, I have a thousand reasons why I have to write my books somewhere else. I want to write and publish a chapter on a safe website. Wattpad isn't safe. It's dangerous and I have noticed it a long old while ago.  

There's so many things that they can change, but they have slow brains. 

I have moved 'Flowers and Petals' over to Webnovel, with the same username (DarkWater120) and I will be leaving this account here to rot and be forgotten. The Vampire Club is about to reach 100k reads and I'm thankful for that, but not thankful enough. 

I'll also be making brand new books with interesting plots, I have an idea in mind but that's the signal to watch my Webnovel account.

4 years, 40 pieces of work, 467 followers.

Wattpad 'DarkWater120'. 

2019-2023.

Signing out later today for the last time at 3pm. 

This has been a easy decision to make.