Chapter 4❃

¨Do we have a deal?¨

I noticed he was uncomfortable when I shook his hand, so I backed away.

- I'm Lilith Beverly... But it appears you already knew...- However, how? I had thought. I couldn't believe I was with him. After what he has done. He was a complete stranger a week ago, and it stills. And I was intrigued by how he knew that my mother gave me the moonstone necklace.

-How did you know? ..- I inquired.

-Know what?..- He asks me while giving a glance at me and pushing black hair away from his face.

-How did you know that my mother gave me the moonstone necklace?- I asked him, clearing my throat.

-Oh, that's not relevant now- he says while serious.

-Well... for me, yes, it is important. You asked me about my necklace, and I can elaborate. But I need your help. Do you think we can make a deal?- I say. What the hell was I thinking, but it was the only option I had.

-mmmm... I really don't know. I do not trust anyone.- He says with a smirk.

I sighed and then spoke again - Look, I'm not completely sure how you know those things. But It's a win-win. And then when our deal is over you can go and forget that all this happened- I said looking at him seriously.

He sighs- How can I resist such an offer, headache?..- He said smiling while approaching me and I collided with a tree that was behind me.

-I have a name, imbecile- I replied as I kicked him in the stomach, so that he would get away from me.

-Ajh! Are you serious?. I would really appreciate it if you stop doing that. You don't want to see my other side- he warns me as he scrubs his stomach.

I ignored his comment- Well, it's getting late already. I don't want to walk all the way to my house like the last time because of SOMEONE... - I paused for a while then I looked at him.

-So... we have a deal, Zane?- I said, looking at him patiently. 

He was silent for a while. He put his hands in the pockets of his long black coat before looking at me...

-Alright, we have a deal.- He says somehow seriously and tensely.

-Perfect, we'll meet at eight o'clock in the evening on Tuesday. Do not be late- I said leaving, waving at him.

When I got home, I could smell the freshly baked bread that Rue cooks most of the time from the front door. I was directly going to my bedroom but my aunt Nova met me at the entrance.

-Oh, you've arrived. How have you been?- She says, getting closer to me to help me take off my coat. I honestly couldn't look her in the eyes the same way as I used to. I was mad at her. But I couldn't tell her yet. Since I don't want to have more problems and things to worry about. Nonetheless, I have tried to act normally, even if it's difficult.

-Hey. I was studying at the coffee shop, then I ran into Asher and Lucas and we chatted a bit- I added, trying to look like I was telling the truth. Well... I did but not the whole thing.

-That sounds good. Oh by the way, the table is ready for dinner. There's freshly baked bread that Rue baked, would you like to join us?- She says kindly with a soft smile on her face.

-I'd love to, but the truth is that I'm exhausted. I'm going to take a shower and then try to sleep-. I told her while smiling at her. I said good nights and went to my room.