1) Jealousy

When it comes to love, Louis can be a bit oblivious. I've had a crush on him ever since he first spoke to me when I arrived at Ericson's Boarding School. He made me feel included in things and never left me out. Yesterday, as he was talking at the table while we ate, he kept cracking jokes as he usually does. His adorable laugh made me smile. I guess it was clear to everyone else that I was very much in love with the comedian, but he didn't know himself. I wish I had the courage to just tell him I like like him, but there hasn't been a chance for me to. I sigh, placing the my notebook under my pillow and begin to walk out my room. As I walk to the front, I look at the graffiti and torn up posters on the wall, remembering what the school was like before the apocalypse.

Ever since things went to shit, some of us managed to survive. Me, Louis, Violet, Marlon, Mitch, Aasim, Omar, Tenn, Willy, Ruby, Brody, Minnie, and Sophie. Including the additional recruiting of Clementine and AJ, we were able to turn Ericson into a safe house from the walkers. Everyone tried their best to contribute to our permanent home. Omar cooked for us, Aasim and Louis hunted in the forest and helped with traps, Willy took watch, Marlon lead us, Ruby was our nurse, Brody and Violet hunted by the river for fish and everyone else just helped where they could.

But lately Marlon has been placing me Louis to do the hunting since Aasim is sick (which is why I'm on my way to the front gate). When Marlon was telling me about this, he kept nudging my arm and smirking a bit. All I could do was blush since I knew his plan was to get me and Louis alone.

As I walk out the front door of the school, I see Louis coming back from checking on the traps with Clementine. As he enters I stare for a bit, jealous that Clem has Louis's attention. Violet walks up to me and sits down next to me. She notices my jealousy towards the scene playing out in front of me. She looks over to see Clem still laughing with Louis.

"Sigh, there he goes again, trying to be Prince Charming." Vi shakes her head. "I know you like him Y/N, but you're gonna have to tell him eventually. You know how dense he can be when it comes to these things." She puts her legs to her chest and leans her arms on them. I can tell that Vi is a bit jealous as well because she has her cheeks puffed out a little bit and she stares at them as well. I turn to Vi and ask "what do you think they're saying?" She turns to me and looks back at them, squinting a bit to try and read their lips. "Hmm, it looks like they're talking about kissing" "What!" She turns to me and laughs "I'm just messing with you Y/N, don't worry, I'm not exactly sure what they're talking about though"

"You had me scared for a second there Vi" I laugh and we continue to chat for a few minutes.

Louis notices me and Violet chatting and finishes his conversation with Clementine. He waves bye and walks over towards us.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" he says, leaning against the pillar casually. "Mind if I join?"
Violet rolls her eyes. "Sure Prince Charming." He chuckles and raises an arm to his chest, acting as though he was insulted. "Ouch, does Violet not want her presence to be graced by me?" He laughs and Vi shakes her head. I laugh a bit at the two of them, playfully nudging his shoulder. "Seems like Prince Charming isn't welcomed over here." He laughs and I blush a bit. "Y/N noticed you giving Clem all your attention" Violet says to Louis while nudging me a bit. "Violetttt" I whine. She gets up and walks away laughing, "have fun!"

I become nervous as Louis and I are left alone. "Is that so Y/N?" He smiles as me. I turn my head away from him, trying to hide my blushing face. He adds "well, we were just talking about how we saw a walker face plant into a trap we had recently set up." I look towards Louis and he smiles at me. "Neglecting the most beautiful girl in the apocalypse? Impossible! I'm just a social butterfly, spreading my charm wherever I go."

I laugh. "Oh, is that what they're calling it now? I thought it was just your excuse to flirt shamelessly." He chuckles again, giving me a wink. "Well, what can I say? Flirting is an art form, my dear. And I must admit, I enjoy doing it to you."

I playfully shake your head while my blush deepens, unable to hide the red on my face. "You're so silly, Louis."

He leans in closer, his voice becoming softer. "Just imagine what I could do with you, my love." Louis straightens up, reluctantly pulling away from me. I stare starstruck at him with my whole face red from blushing. "Alright darling, let's be on our way." he says with a cheeky smile, grabbing my arm as we head out the front gate. I laugh "how can you call me darling if we're not even dating?" He pauses and then says "well Y/N, you'll just have to be my girlfriend then!" He smiles at me and then kisses my cheek. "Well I can't decline Prince Charming" I say playfully.

"Let's do something later" he says wink.

I smile "what is that something"

"You'll see"

Despite his silly flirting, I know he cares about me deeply. And maybe, just maybe, he's worth the playful banter.