Prologue

"Are we still sure this is a good idea?" asked Prince Jaxon Porter as he trecked through the dark woods just outside the castle of hearts. 

"What's wrong, are you scared?" Asked Prince Heath, Snow White's younger brother.

"Of course not," said Jax (Which is his nickname), "I'm just sick of being attacked by living cards and odd creatures everywhere I go."

The princes were on a mission with their fathers to try and achieve diplomacy with the Queen of Hearts, the queen of a land called Wonderland. The kingdom of Wonderland was relatively secluded and few connections from outside kingdoms have ever been reported. A  little girl named Alice supposedly wandered in there several years ago, but the story was never confirmed. Now the royal court had to partake in this mission themselves. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The group soon  arrived at a hedge maze.

"Well this is just wonderful," Heath heard Jax mumble. He couldn't help but roll his eyes. Jax had been a bit of a bore for most of this trip. Heath and Jax used to hang out a lot before FTRS, and they haven't hung out much since.  When Heath's father approached him with this opportunity to reconnect with him, but Jax just wasn't the exploring type. Heath had a hunch that Jax only came for the diplomatic opportunity. 

The group entered the hedge maze and they approached what appeared to be a large playing card with a head. The card man blocked their path.

"This is private property," The card said, "Please state your purpose or you will be charged with breaking the law."

"We are here to request a visit from the queen," explained King Porter.

"The queen is currently playing croquet," the card said, "You will find her on the croquet grounds."

"Perfect, thank you good sir," said King Porter.

The group managed to find their way through the maze and to the croquet grounds. There they saw the queen playing croquet. She was a tall woman with black hair tied tightly up in a bun. She wore a red dress decorated with black and gold accents. Her face was fixed in a permanent scowl, and her mouth didn't even turn up when she laughed. In fact, Heath didn't think she could look any meaner, but he was quickly proven wrong when she looked up from her game and spotted the group.

"Who dares to interrupt my croquet game?"  she bellowed.

"We have come to speak with you, your majesty," Jax said with a charming smile.

"Now is not the best time," said the queen's opponent, "No one interrupts her game and lives to tell the tale."

"What did you say?" Heath asked nervously.

"Send them to the dungeon!" the queen bellowed.

"Please, there must be some kind of mistake!" Jax cried as they were hauled away.

"You should have thought of that before trespassing," said one of the card soldiers.