Chapter 1: Anywhere but Here

November 13th, 2022

Dear Diary:

Well it's safe to say that today sucked.

My dad yelled at me again for getting a C on my sign language quiz. It's not my fault I suck at memorizing stuff, I thought I would be better at this considering I already knew the ASL alphabet when I joined the class but this is harddddddd.

Plus, Julia, who I thought was my friend, called me 'too quiet' and said that 'I need to put in more effort when talking to people' RIGHT before I took the quiz.

Ironic isn't it?

And she was the last of my friends so I guess i'm a loner now. I'll be okay. Julia was right, it's not like I talk that much anyways.

Everyone in your life not wanting to acknowledge your existence does that to a person.

My dad literally told me never to bother him again after I 'bothered him' by spraining my wrist when I tripped over HIS clutter clouding the floor.

My school therapist suggested I get tested for ADHD and anxiety because of my panic attacks and my habit of zoning out (the other reason I got a C on that test...) so I mentioned it to my dad today and he yelled at me triggering yet another panic attack. It took me half an hour and almost passing out from lack of oxygen to calm down.

I think I'm just going to go to bed now, I have work at the coffee shop early tomorrow morning.

I wish I was literally anywhere but here.

Xoxo Gossip Girl (Astra)

___

Sadly, when she opens her eyes, Astra is still in her bedroom in her house and nothing has changed.

She groggily climbs out of bed and walks to the bathroom to brush her teeth. After wasting too much time attempting to brush her curly blonde hair without it becoming frizzy, she realizes how late she is and settles for a messy low bun.

Astra frantically ties her converse and grabs her backpack before running out the door, starting her walk to work at a dead sprint down the sidewalk that very quickly turns into frantic power walk.

"Why do I keep forgetting how long this walk is? Mr. Schlatt is going to be so mad if i'm late again" Astra says.

Suddenly through all of her jumbled and anxiety ridden thoughts, Astra finally realises there has been a high pitch beeping plaguing her ears for the past few minutes.

"What the hell is that?" she mumbles while glancing around curiously. When she looks back, she sees a huge shadow covering the whole length of the block behind her.

Before she can look up to see what is causing this shadow, the beeping stops. Astra is knocked onto the concrete with a thud and everything goes dark.

————

Author's Note:
Hey y'all!! that was the first chapter, sorry it was so short. I hope you liked it.
The main character of this fic, Astra, is loosely based off of me. Don't take that to heart please she is very angsty and I promise I am okay. I essentially took the idea of what if the sbi were aliens but added some random human girl (aka me lol) for hopefully some funny moments. I had this idea in the middle of the night while trying to fall asleep so let's hope y'all like it.