Chapter One

*Camera Static*

"Hello? Hello? Is it recording?"

"Ah yes! It is. Great," she says, sitting in front of the recording camera.

"Oh shit. I look awful," she says, touching up her makeup.

Her blue eyes reflecting off the screen and blonde hair, tied in a bun. Her navy-blue dress only nearing her knees, showing off her pale complected skin.

"Hey guys. I know most of you know me from stories published out in the media or interviews I did. But for those who don't, my name is Tess," Tess says. 

"Okay. I am recording this because for those of you claiming I made this up or talking bullshit, I want to tell you, my story. Because it was real. It truly happened, and let's just say, it wasn't pleasant, and I got lucky than most. But my story doesn't start there, it begins few days before I got there," Tess says to the camera, the comments all looking the same.

"Okay. Seems like you guys want to hear it. Bear in mind, it could take Really long to tell everything."

"Here goes nothing...."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Springfield, Massachusetts.

Six months ago......

"Alright everybody! Let's give a warm welcome to our Springfield High School, golden eagles!!!!" the spokesmen yells out to the crowd.

The crowd cheers loudly and stomps their feet on the stands, while Tess sits there, shaking her head.

"Come on Tess! Get riled up and excited! We Finally have a chance at winning State this year," my little sister, Gwen tells me.

"Good for them. I hope they feel accomplished in life and can move on up in the world. Who knows, maybe they'll be NBA stars and we can be their mascots!" Tess says, jokingly. Gwen shoves her playfully and we watch as they introduce each player.

One player in particular, looks displeased and sad.

"Hey Gwen. Whose player #12? He looks sad," Tess asks.

"Oh yeah. That's Henry. Henry Coker. His brother just died a few months back and he was a Huge basketball player. Could've been legit until his death. Henry's mom made him join so he can follow his brother's footsteps. He had no choice but he's not that bad," Gwen explains.

Tess remembers Henry. He was a sweetheart and would always need her to tutor him. She thinks he had a crush on her but never knew about his brother the whole time. Henry had been MIA for a while and now, she is seeing him for the first time in months.

 He looks timid, scared even.

"Alright! Let's give it up for our team and hope they win State this year!"

The crowd erupted into chaos and Tess claps along, not feeling in the spirited mood. Gwen, however, does. Always wanting to attend Every school function, even the boring ones. 

They are only two minutes apart from each other, Tess being the oldest of course.

They were born as twins but fraternal and don't look anything alike or feature the same personality. Gwen has lighter blonde hair and Tess's is darker blonde, but that's the only feature about them that screams, similar.

"I got to go. Zack needs me down below, you good heading home alone?" Gwen asks Tess, as everyone in the gym starts exiting out.

"Gwen, I'm eighteen. I'll be fine. Go on!"

She smiles excitedly and runs over to Zack, whose she's been talking to for months. Tess heads down the stairs, towards the front doors. She notices Henry, putting things in his locker.