Ch 25

Edited by Creepy-Face

After watching Enin walk away hurriedly from them, Cameron proceeded to walk to the end of the very long line entering the city with Ali in tow. When it was finally their turn the guard collecting their fees rolled his eyes at them before taking the money. "Looks like there will be more beggars in the city.." he mumbled under his breath. Ali and Cameron both heard this, but they ignored it.

It was now evening, when they finally entered the city. Ali looked around curiously, he noticed the old fashioned clothes that most people were wearing, the different races mingling, and the clear difference between the rich and the poor. It really is a fantasy world like in the book! Ali thought excitedly. His hand was then suddenly held and he looked up.

Now getting back his attention Cameron smiled at him, before showing an embarrassed expression. He then bent down slightly so that he and Ali were at the same eye level. "You see the thing is Ali...we have no money now..." the last of the money was spent at the inn on that mountain, and the money they had been using was from that stupid couple. Since it wasn't that much in the first place it was now finished.

"So tonight we have to sleep outside, okay?" Ali blinked before nodding his head obediently. "Good boy," Cameron said while giving him a small pat on the head before he suddenly paused."What's wrong?"Ali asked, seeing his sudden movement,"I just remembered something, we don't have to sleep outside after all, but we have to walk a lot,are you coming with me?","Of course!" Ali exclaimed,why wouldn't he want to go with him?

Cameron smiled "Alright then, come on."

"Come on guys, eat your dinner."

"But it's the same thing as yesterday!"

"Yeah! It's been three days now!"

"Stop complaining, and eat your food"

"But..."

Tashina looked at the bickering children helplessly, "Janiah will be getting his pay tomorrow so you guys will be able to eat something different tomorrow okay?","Okay!",they all said in usion. Tashina smiled lovingly, ever since she and her husband Janiah have been living here. When they had just gotten here she had just broken all contact with her family who had told never to come back. It was a few days after that they saw an almost dying child on their doorstep that they took her in and nursed her back to health, they then met the twins later being beaten by some children, and they also took them in, now they have been living like a family.

The girl Shiana was now 14 and the twins Nia, and Nio were now both 10 years old and she considered them her children. Janiah too as he would spend time with them when he had time  and buy them candy when he could. They would also try to help the homeless children who came to them for help, whether it was some food or a place to stay for a night.

"Okay kids I steamed some potatoes, who wants some?"Janiah said happily as he brought the potatoes to the table. "Me!" Everyone said happily. Every one took a potato. Janiah took two and gave one to his wife, Nia also took up some extra potatoes, and gave them to Nio and Shiana. They were about to dig in when they heard a knock on the door.

After Tashina got up,"I'll get it."She then made her way to the door while everyone else put down their potatoes to wait for her. When Tashina opened the door she saw two small children on the outside. One was taller than the other, and looked to be around Shiana's age with shoulder length black hair and beautiful golden eyes, while the other one was a cute little neko with silver hair and silver doe eyes. They both looked a little malnourished and were very dirty.

Tashina looked at them with pity,"How can I help you dearies?" A very innocent looking Ali, and Cameron looked at her pitifully, "Can we stay the night?" Cameron asked in a small , weak voice ,"Please miss?" Ali added, his silver doe eyes sparkling.Tashina's heart instantly melted "Of course dearies come on in '' she moved to the side to let them come in before closing the door behind them. When she turned back around and saw the obediently waiting Cameron and Ali she couldn't help but smile.

"Okay then follow me." Tashina turned around with Cameron and Ali following closely behind her. They first came into a small living room with some chairs and a large table in the middle. There was another doorway to the left and large stairs to the right. They were taken to the left, where they came upon the scene of the others waiting for Tashina to come  back. Janiah was the first to see the two children behind Tashina "Who are they honey?" he asked curiously. The other children instantly looked towards Ali, and Cameron.

"Oh they are going to stay with us tonight since they have nowhere to go" Janiah smiled, "What are your name kiddos?","I'm Cameron, and this is Ali," Cameron replied,"It's nice to meet you," Ali said in a small voice. This obedience coupled with their look was enough to win the adults' hearts."I think I've got some extra potatoes, let me go get them." Janiah said, and got up, "And I'll go get some plates of food for you, sit down and make yourself comfortable, okay?" and Tashina also left.

It was now only the children left. As seats at the end of the table were for the adults there was enough space at the eight seat table. Ali and Cameron both took a seat beside Shiana."So," Cameron said with a good natured smile "What are your names?"

"Don't act nice to us!"

"Yeah! Go back where you came from!"

"Both of you stop that! I'm sorry, they're just angry that you're getting the extra potatoes that they usually get."

"It's fine."Cameron said smilingly, Nia huffed while Nio stuck his tongue out on them. Ali stuck his tongue out right back at them. Cameron gave him a small flick on his forehead while Shiana gave Nio a slap over his head. They then looked at each other apologetically while Nio, and Ali pouted aggrievedly.

Guys remember to check out my other books!Thanks for reading!