Sick Day

Sick Day

Shadow X Rouge

Rouge: "AHH-CHOO!"

As the white bat wiped her nose, snorting her nose, she'd continue typing away at her computer... with her snot slowly dripping down. She could hear some clicking behind her, a very distinct metal against metal impact.

Shadow: "What're you doing?"

Rouge: "Trying to- achoo!- update on our mission log. Why?"

Shadow: "Not that."

Shadow would walk over, sitting next to where her hand was on the keyboard, crossing his arms as he looked down on her. His deep red eyes would watch as she typed away, small bags under her eyes as she continued to type away.

Shadow: "Why're you still working?"

Rouge: "I can't afford to not put in this report. They n-need- ACHOO!"

Before she could wipe her nose, Shadow would push a handkerchief against her nose, cleaning all the mucus off before pulling it away. With a sigh, he'd grab her hand, lifting her up and into his arms.

Shadow: "Here's what's going to happen, you're gonna put in your sick time, and I'm gonna finish this report before taking you home."

Rouge: "Y-You're not my boss."

She'd look away shyly, her long bat ears drooping slightly before Shadow forced her to look at him with his hand.

Shadow: "Today I am."

With a swift twirl, he'd flip their positions so he could instantly get to work on typing. He was... rather fast. He'd immediately made any work Rouge had done already look like a small paragraph. He was putting in so much detail Rouge hadn't even remembered to put. Begrudgingly, the blushing Bat went to put in her leave time, leaving Shadow to do her work.

After a few minutes, she'd walk back with a backpack lazily hung over her arm, looking at Shadow still typing away.

Rouge: "Well, I put in my time. Let's go."

Shadow: "Hold on."

With a few more words typed, he'd submit the report and then sign out of her computer. Shadow would stand up, turning around and walking away, but not before gently taking her arm and walking her towards the exit. Something about how much finesse, and calculated movement Shadow put into each motion really had her heart beating. She hated when he was cool. Seriously, it got on her nerves that only he could get her like this. But she'd never admit that to anyone.

It took a few minutes before Shadow would bring them both to the security desk, clocking them both out while he also checked out a Van (his bike and her car not being the best idea for her current condition) and making sure that it had the proper paperwork before he took the keys. Once again taking her arm carefully, he'd walk them outside to the garage to collect the Van and head out.

With each step, Shadow would carefully walk her towards one of the G.U.N. vans, unlocking it with a button press. He'd open the door to the tall Van, some steps whirling out before he helped Rouge up.

Shadow: "There, up you go. Be careful."

Rouge would get annoyed at him... and even more annoyed she actually needed his help. Seriously, how did she get this bad? Once she got up, Shadow closed the door and used 'Chaos Snap' to get into the driver's seat. Once he was inside, he started the car, the engine humming to life before they drove out of the garage and to Rouge's place.

They were both stationed out overseas, currently in the snowy Empire City so they received accommodations for a small Motel... well, small by Empire City standards. It was only 6 floors and they had the bottom floor. Once he parked the Van, he immediately 'Chaos Snap'd out to help Rouge back down. However, she couldn't make it down to one step before she fell out.

Rouge: "GAH!"

Immediately, she fell into Shadows arms, somewhat dazed before realizing where she landed and getting embarrassed.

Rouge: "I WOULD'VE BEEN FINE!"

Shadow: "No you wouldn't."

He'd close the door before taking her to their room. The room had so much space that it might as well have been an entire apartment. But the two beds took up most of the space. Shadow would carry her to the bed, gently placing her down.

Shadow: "I'm gonna go get some soup. You stay here and rest. I'll be back soon."

Rouge would grumble, crossing her arms. Who was he to tell her what to do?

...

But she had to admit the bed was extra comfortable. Yawning, she'd snuggle into the bed, drifting off.

The next few days were kind of... confusing. She could only catch glimpses. Shadow coming back and feeding Rouge carefully (that got her blushing). He was then suddenly reading "The Tortoise and the Hare". And then he was singing to her. That got her giggling and even blushing. He had such a beautiful voice.

Although there was more miscellaneous stuff, it wasn't clear enough to recall. Still, when Rouge woke up, stretching out her body and wings, she'd look over at the resting Shadow. For some reason... he looked more peaceful than she had ever seen him. It was... rare to even get a smile from him. How strange. But... she wasn't exactly OPPOSED to it.

After a gentle run through his black quills, she'd get up and dressed into her usual bodysuit before giving his head a kiss (causing his ear to twitch) and leaving him a note then heading to work.

Truly she did wonder... what happened?

A/N: I'm so sorry everyone. I know some of you guys are waiting patiently on something else but I'm so busy and tired. ;-;

But don't you worry! It's almost ready. I just need an extra push!

In the meantime, I've just made a Twitter! Follow me there for updates on stories and for other stuff! Check my bio for my @! :D

Anyways, hope you enjoyed! See you in the next one! Remember to stay legendary!

~Bee2.0