Prologue

A girl named Cho Joon was walking the halls during freshmen year when she heard a soft sniffle. Cho walked back to an empty classroom and peered in to see a boy her age curled into a ball crying in the corner. The boy whipped his tears and brushed a streak of his once pink, now blond hair out of his face. He didn't notice Cho in the doorway as she slowly and quietly walked into the room and up to the boy. 

"Uhm hey, are you okay? What's wrong?" She asked, now standing in front of him.

The boy quickly looked up, startled by the sudden voice before looking back down and wiping his tears away again. "I'm fine, it's nothing." 

Cho looked at him for a few seconds before plopping down next to him. "Well, it has to be something if you're crying about it."

"No." He insisted while shaking his head. "It's stupid."

"It's obviously not stupid to you!" Cho said. She waited a few seconds before turning to the boy and placing her hand on his shoulder. "Look, some people might think it's stupid, but I promise I won't."

The boy looked into her eyes for a few seconds before sighing. "Okay, there was a guy I was dating for a while, I really liked him, but he just broke up with me."

Cho thought for a second before speaking, obviously not long enough though. "Well screw him!" She shouted. "He obviously doesn't deserve you! He just doesn't know how amazing you are and how much he's going to miss you." She said, her hand no longer on his shoulder.

"Why are you saying all that?" The boy asked. "You don't even know me."

Cho just stared at the boy, not knowing what to say. "Well I'm sure it's true!" She said. "If you're so concerned about me not knowing you, then befriend me! I'll have to get to know you then."

The boy looked at her confused and then smiled. "Alright then, be my friend. My name's Han. What's yours?"

Cho chuckled a bit before responding. "I'm Cho. I hope you start feeling better and realize how much that guy is missing, but I have to get to class." She said and started getting up.

A smile started to appear on Han's face. "Thanks for cheering me up Cho, I really appreciate it."