Chapter 7❃

"Fancy night"

-Effie! Don't you really can't possibly create another scandal in Grilitgham?! There have been reports of entire missing animal pens, and also injured Royal horses? Can't you even control yourself?! You are not a dog! This is a serious situation. We attempt to be as discreet as possible, no mortal can be aware of our existence, not for now. Do you understand?!- Then he pauses for a moment- Do not attack or hunt until I give you my permission- Says a furious middle-aged man.

-Since when have you cared about what we do?- Effie says, without showing any concern

-Would you speak more respectfully to the future alpha of our species?- Says another man in his mid- thirties, getting closer to Effie.

-The future alpha? And I thought we were looking for a way to liberate the Red Lady from her bullshit of prison. -Effie clarifies.

The man in his thirties approaches Effie- Do not test my patience- he says.

-Enough Lance!. Effie goes with Elmer to the town in search of more answers. I had an odd feeling that something is happening that we cannot liberate the Red Lady- The other man says.

-Whatever- Effie replies as she elbows Lance, ignoring him and leaving the place.

-Do not make a mess- The other man says.

-I'm not sure how you can put your trust in that couple of imbeciles, they do everything erroneously . they're pointless.- Lance says.

The other man sighs furiously- I don't need more trouble right now, alright?- He says with a frown, with those sandstone-colored eyes. 

Lance falls silent for a while. Until he hears the other man speak, then he raises his dead.- So... have you heard anything from your brother?-he says, somehow exhausted as he leans his back in his chair and puts his legs on his old wooden desk.

-Zane Finley is not my brother anymore-He said as he walked out of the man's office.

...

Another perspective...

It was late. Around eleven o'clock at night. I was dressed up and had my long denim colored hair tied up. A long wine-colored dress. It was already time for Mr.Norbet's party.

My aunt has no idea that I'm coming to this party. She attended most of Mr.Norbert's past parties. But today she couldn't since she world until extremely late.

I was on my way to the party. It was not at Norbet's house, it was at his workplace, since it had a casino, as well as a bar and cuisine. And to be honest, I was nervous. I didn't want Mr. Norbet to recognize me. It will be strange because I never attended to his spring parties before.

A while later, when I had already arrived. I could see at the entrance, several people, classy, elegantly dressed and clearly not with their children. The invitation was on my long black coat, so I showed it and they let me in.

I sat at the bar while watching people talking to each other, drinking, and dancing. Where the hell is Zane? My eyes were looking for him, but I didn't see him anywhere. He'd better not screw me over because he's the only one who can take away the keys from Mr. Norbet office. I suddenly paused and saw him with a dark blue suit vest, pants, a long coat and a gold pocket watch. And he was talking with Mr. Norbet.

Then he looks at me at the distance, slightly shocked. And I gave him an angry look, then looked away.

-Good night, Miss Beverly. You look incredibly unrecognizable tonight. The style really highlights your eye color- Zane says as he approaches me. Wow, Since when is he that charming?