Second Ring

“You do know that you’re the most beautiful person on earth, right?” I looked at Y/n under the street light. Her nose and cheeks were a rosy shade of pink, due to the cold spring air.

She smiled and nodded. “At least that’s what you tell me everyday.” She giggled as I grabbed her waist, kissing her frozen nose.

“Two years. The happiest two years of my life have been spent with the smartest, funniest and most beautiful person on this planet. I am the luckiest guy on earth, aren’t I.” She laughed as we were on our way to the park. “If you say so, Felix. If you say so.” She took my hand.

I put my other hand in my pocket, turning the velvet box. I was nervous, incredibly nervous. It was our second year anniversary and I had reconstructed our first date. Starting with the sunset at the rooftop, then to her favorite restaurant. Now to the stroll in the park, though the others were hiding to take pictures of my proposal this time.

I led the two of us to the swings . “Remember what happened exactly two years ago on these very swings?” I asked her. She smiled and nodded. “Our first date had been exactly like this one. After the restaurant you took me here and we talked for what seemed like hours. And then you stood up, kneeled in front of me and confessed with a promise ring. And then we had our first kiss.” Y/n blushed at the thought of my silly confesion, holding up her hand, showing me that she was still wearing the ring. We both giggled at the memory.

“Exactly. Now let me reenact that very moment.” I stood from the swing and kneeled in front of my soon to be fiancé. Her eyes widened in shock, a hand coming up to cover her mouth.

“I’ve been thinking about this very moment from the day I met you. When you first walked into our practice room with Changbin after he had picked you up from the airport, I knew it was you. You were, and still are, the only girl I would ever want to be with.

You are the kindest, smartest, funniest, most talented and most beautiful being in the entire universe and from now and till the end of time you will always be. No matter how many times we argue, it could never change my mind.

My future may be ahead of me and I still have a lot to learn, but I want none of it if you aren’t there with me. So with those words said:” I pulled out the velvet box from my pocket. 

“Seo Y/n, will you do me that hornor, and take my hand in marriage?”

She had tears running down her cheeks, but she was smiling. Her eyes shone with love and adoration as she nodded her head, probably not trusting her own voice. “I want to hear you say it.” I teased. 

She wiped her tears, letting out a faint ‘yes’, her voice failing her as it broke. “I can’t hear you.” I smirked as she rolled her eyes, smacking the side of my head lightly. “Yes, you idiot! Of course I will!” She exclaimed, playful happiness lingering in her voice. I smiled, slipping the ring on her finger. I kissed her softly, yet passionately. 

We heard cheers from behind. I had kind of forgotten that the others were hiding. Changbin came up to us, laying an arm around Y/n’s shoulders. “You better not hurt my little sister, or I will personally dig your grave.” He threatened me, but ruffled my hair after seeing my horrified expression. He put a hand on my shoulder “I’m joking, Felix. I know you would never hurt her.”

The rest came to us to congratulate us. 

I didn’t think I could get any more happy than I was at that very moment. And I could tell Y/n felt the same.

Y/n came to me after talking with the others. She wrapped her arms around my neck as mine held tightly onto her waist. “I love you, Felix.” She spoke softly. “I love you too, Y/n.” I leaned down as we shared yet another soft and passionate kiss. 

As we broke the kiss, Y/n smiled up at me. The brightest, most beautiful smile in the whole universe. She looked happier than ever.

I’d do anything to see her smile like that every day.