Shelly

Some romances had to happen, although they were not meant to last! 

Sometimes a couple is just too different in almost every way. Often opposites attract, for a while anyway. Such passions generate the strongest of memories, and lessons are forged, which are hard to forget.

Shelly had a striking appearance and a certain magnetism which was difficult to describe, although it almost compelled most men to get closer and know her better. When happy and smiling, she oozed her love of life, and my attraction to her was complete.

I have learned from experience; however, that when you encounter someone with this type of high energy positive personality, you should be aware. There will be a negative extreme to balance their character.

Her lows should have carried a government health warning and were something best experienced from an extreme distance, or even by surveillance camera if possible. When angry, or having a wobbly, the facial expressions she wore were genuinely terrifying, and were enough to severely distress a professional bouncer, or even a group of them working as a team. 

Shelley was a big girl, not fat but as tall as the average man and voluptuous, with a full figure and an attitude to match. When negatively charged, she was capable of inflicting more damage than a tornado, and when out of sorts, she was not a nice person to know

Most people avoided her, as she definitely wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. For me, however, and for 95% of the time, she was happy. She was as addictive as heroin.

In my late twenties, I wasn't looking for a relationship, although if the right person appeared, anything was possible. I was amazed at how three months had passed so quickly. It was now the Easter holidays, and I had just returned from the Gambia, where I spent the winter in the sun. I always find it difficult to describe how I generated my income.

Unlike the butcher, baker, or candlestick maker, one word would not describe what I did.