About Crowclan

Crowclan is a clan of winged cats. They have a strong connection with their ancestors, whom they call ' The Ravens. ' They are not born with wings, so The Ravens gift them wings when they go to the Spirit Tree after their Starling ceremony. They have no mentor, so they're trained by all the Crows. They become a Starling on their fifth moon, and when they're younger than that they're called kits. When they turn 8 moons, they train their self. Crow ( founder of Crowclan ) did this because she believed being self-taught makes you better and stronger. The ruler of the clan then asses the Starling ( normally on their tenth moon ) and decides whether you are worthy and strong enough to serve the clan as an Owl.

The future Healer is chosen before their birth by the current Healer, and they become the Healer's Starling on their fourth moon as they do not need to learn anything other than herbs, etc. If a cat is disabled ( blind, paralyzed, etc. ) they have the choice between coming the Healer's Helper ( or the Healer's Starling if they havent chosen one yet ) or an elder.

Crowclans camp is located in a large forest, like Shadowclan, and their camp is shady and surrounded by pine trees.

Their neighboring clans died out long ago from a drought.

Rulers always have the name Crow, ( not before they become Ruler ) and are former Deputies or chosen by the Healer. The Ruler chooses their deputy, like in the books.

Their names are usually one words, like rogue/kittypet names, unless they come from a diffferent clan or are tribal. Cats can change their name at any time, however The Ravens must approve of it.

The Ravenperch is a floating branch infront of the clearing, where a Ruler or Healer sits when calling a meeting. The deputy sits on a stump below the Ravenperch.

When a Starling gains their wings, they are small and can't fly until ( around ) their seventh moon. Their wings also grow as they progress in training, and are the same color as the cat's eyes.

There are no senior Owls, but younger —newer— owls are treated somewhat like apprentices. Otherwise, Crowclan runs like a normal book clan with things such as border patrols, hunting, etc.

To see The Ravens, you must take a three day trip over the mountains and into a rainforest where a glowing willow tree ( the Spirit Tree ) resides. To connect with The Ravens cats put their tail onto the leaves then they fall into slumber.