•Friend Or Woe•

"All students will report for their volunteer jobs at 10:00 a.m. sharp followed by a community lunch at 1:00, as you know, this year Outreach day culminates in a very special event, the dedication of a new memorial statue in the town square, which will also include performances by Nevermore students" Ms. Weems explained. I smiled brightly hugging Weds arm. They handed out our tasks as I got mine. "Yes! I got pilgrim world!" Enid said running to us. "I have natural people skills and a love of performing, so it's kind of the obvi choice. What did you guys get?" She asked. "Uriah's heap, whatever that is" weds said. "I got Pilgrim world" I say smiling. "Ew. It's this weird, creepy antique store but yayyy!! Saph we will have so much fun" she says grabbing my hands. "Hands off Enid.." Wednesday said. "Right! Forgot, I'm crossing my claws Ajax and I will be outreaching together" she smiled looking at him. "Wednesday, don't worry about your cello I'll have it brought to the town square this afternoon" Ms. Weems said. "My cello?" She asked. I walked away to go see what other people got.

We got off the bus as I smiled. "Xavier, it's weird to be staring at a blank wall" I said as me and Wednesday walked to him. "It wasn't blank last outreach day" he said annoyed. "Are you still stewing because I rejected your invitation?" Wednesday said which made me confused. I walked to Enid since I have no idea where to go. "I'm excited!" She says hugging me. "I know you are" I giggled. I sat down next to Enid on the bench. The mayor made a speech which made me bored. "Okay, everyone. We'll see you back here at one o'clock for lunch. Enjoy!" Ms. Weems said. We all got up and me and Enid started walking. "Enid" I hear Wednesday say. "Switch volunteer assignments" she said. "What? No. Uriah's heap is definitely not my bag." She said with a disgusted look. "It's an emergency. I need to check out pilgrim world and I also wanna be with Saphire" she said. "I heard that Ajax is volunteering" I say staring at my nails. She quickly grabbed Wednesday's paper. "Oh my god, thank you. You're the best!!" She said to Wednesday and left.

Wednesday grabbed my hand as we walked to Pilgrim world. "Hey Wednesday, Saph want to grab a hummers group photo?" Eugene asked. I looked at Wednesday since she didn't say anything. This Mistress named Arlene then decided to show up and introduce herself. I laid my head on weds shoulder. "Still tired.. Mi Amor?" She asked. "I am but I know I'll be fine!" I giggled. She kissed my forehead as I blushed. "Oo fudge" I say. "Grab a uniform and a box and make our forefathers proud" Arlene said. I picked one up and stared at it weirdly. "Are these for muzzling tourists?" Weds asked. I held my fudge as I sighed. Wednesday started speaking random German which I couldn't understand. I giggled as people looked in horror. She held it out as people said No and left. I grabbed one and ate it. I walked out leaving my fudge god knows where.

I saw Lucas and his friends picking on Eugene. "Leave him alone!" I yelled. I walked over to them as Eugene threw up on one of the guys. They grabbed Eugene as I touched the guys arm and he screamed. "Aw.. does it burn.." Arielle say taking control of my body. "Let. Him. go" She says. Lucas and his friend grabbed my waist and arms. "Do you really want me to explode your guts.. because honey I won't fucking hesitate" Arielle laughs. She turned around as Arielle punched Lucas in the face which made his nose bleed. "Howdy, pilgrims" Wednesday said. "Let her go. NOW" she says to the boys touching me. The first dude touched Wednesday as she tripped him. He tired to punch her as she grabbed his hand and I heard bones cracking. She then put him in the stokes. "Are you okay Cara Mia.?" She said touching my face. My eyes turned back to pink as I nodded. "Let's get you cleaned up" she told Eugene.

"You remind me of my brother" weds said to Eugene. "Sans the desire to strangle him every waking moment" She said standing up. "Now follow me." She says holding my hand. "I need to know more about this crackstone" she exclaimed. I nodded as I stared at my hand that's all bruised up from me burning someone. 'I don't mostly use my hands I use my staff but Arielle had different ideas' I thought. I was zoning out As Wednesday yanked me into a building as Eugene watched out. I screamed as I saw a creepy mannequin. "Shh.." Wednesday told me putting her arm around my shoulders. "Visions??" I say confused as Weds told thing that this girl was from her visions. "This is the book!" Wednesday said. "It's a fake" I say as she opened it. The door opened as I hid behind weds. "Just what the Fudge are you doing in here, Missy's" Mistress Arlene said holding Eugene. "Mistress Arlene, How Now" Wednesday said. "How, Now indeed" she said. "I'm reassigning you three, to fudge-Churning duty" she said. I giggled as Mistress Arlene was tired of acting.