The Will of Arnold Brian

My last will,

I, Arnold Brian, the last of the representatives of this family now living, having neither heirs nor a spouse, bequeath this paper only to our butler, Mr. Black. Black, you have always been devoted to my father and family, and I think you have long guessed what happened on the day of my brother's death, so I can only leave it to you. My last wish is to burn Brian's Mansion and all its property in less than a day after the announcement of this paper. I bequeath the paper itself to be sealed and buried with me.

Have you ever been to your own funeral? No? But I have.

If you're reading this, then I'm dead. No, not really; my brother Arnold is dead.

My name is Christopher Brian, and I was buried on November 20, 1978, at the Brian family Mansion. Well, most likely, if you are reading this, you are in shock, bewilderment, or misunderstanding, but this is absolutely normal. I think it's worth starting with my past life to explain what happened.

My name is Christopher Brian. I was born on January 15, 1953. I have always been a loser. I have never received the attention of parents, relatives, classmates, girls, influential people, or company owners who could offer me a job. I didn't get it, but my brother did.
You are reading the will of Arnold Brian, born on January 15, 1953, or you think you are reading... Arnold always got the best of everything: toys, attention, love, friends, and girls. The family business and all the estates after our father's death were inherited by Arnold.

What's Dad? How do you like your biggest disappointment in life? Oh, where's your favourite boy? He's rotting in the ground next to you, Dad, under my name. And now... I'll join...

From the memories of Mr. Black, the butler of the Brian family, until the last day:
On the night of November 20, 1978:

The creaking of the floorboards is good because all the servants are already asleep and no one will see them walking down the night corridor. The heavy door creaked open, and the room was illuminated by the light of the moon. The man lowered the lifeless body onto the disassembled bed. What did you think? No, he didn't kill him; he was just the first one to find the body. That night, a man, looking at the corpse of his twin brother, realised that this was a chance to change his life—to get a loving wife, a business, and mansion—for which he just needed to... die? Quickly changing the corpse into his clothes, the man covered the body with a blanket and left the room, closing the door. In the morning, doctors announced the death of Christopher Brian around midnight from a heart attack.

The funeral was on the same day at the family cemetery in the woods behind the Mansons.

– Thanks for coming, Arnold. – The middle-aged woman's sobs echoed in the silence. They say that the most terrible thing for a mother is to outlive her child. It's true.
– I couldn't miss my own funeral, Mom, – the man whispered.

Rain began to fall from the sky, and two lonely figures were standing over the grave. As he expected, only his mother came, although he did not need much because he did not have children, friends, or anyone else who would care about Christopher Brian.

© From the "Collection of Lost Wills"