The Story

- - Prologue - -

It was the summer of 1987.

The new Freddy Fazbear's Pizza was just about ready to close its doors for another night with the last remaining children, alongside their respective families and or friends, exiting the newly opened restaurant while a lone worker made sure to lock the entrance doors behind them.

The vibe was mixed amongst the now dispersing restaurant goers, and while it was mostly that of satisfaction, along with the disappointment of having to leave all of the fun behind, others appear to have been stained with a lingering sense of fearful anticipation, and or relief.

One of the many mothers to take her only child to this supposedly new and much safer children's place, at least compared to the old ones everyone had tried to forget about at that point, couldn't help but to make sure they promised to always remain nearby.

While she wasn't exactly superstitious, and she did feel bad about embarrassing her child when it should have been their highlight of the day, she also knew that all of the talk about the supposed "Purple Man" were no laughing matter.

- - 1 - -

Hours would go by and the building itself almost seems to settle atop the concrete it had been once raised from. The neon lights that were once meant to draw attention towards the establishment's front sign would eventually go out, as if they were a set of eyes that had finally managed to find rest.

No crickets were chirping, no prowling cats or manic car drivers were passing by, and when the night sky looked as though it couldn't possibly get any darker, a lone figure eventually decides to emerge from out of the cover of night.

This shadowy and devious looking figure, a tall bald man who looked to be around his late twenties or early thirties, was wearing a finely ironed security officer's uniform, indicating a high regard in how he presented himself to others, along with being forced to wear a cheesy Freddy Fazbear's employee badge.

The man's glasses reflected nearby street lights as he pulled out a set of keys from out of one of his uniforms's chest pockets, fiddling around with them as he attempted to find the one key that corresponded with the building's main entrance.

While we do not know the real name of this man, you could say that the things he's been referred to borders on the edge of urban legend, a name that would earn any child a stern talking to just by uttering it.

Eventually, the man can be heard abruptly stopping at one specific key, followed by one of the entrance's glass doors sliding open with rising tension.

- - 2 - -

While this place came to life with children's laughter and music during the day, the man had deliberately found himself within one of its much darker, quiet, but perhaps not so lifeless periods in between.

What could only be described as an endless black void had now enveloped the establishment's once colorful interior.

Non of the place's many arcade machines were blaring and the restaurant's tiled checker floors had become freshly stained with various pizza toppings and splattered sodas.

Interestingly, instead of just taking a direct route through the Game Area to reach his main point of interest, the man instead pulls out his flashlight and turns as he begins patrolling the left side of the building's vast central hall, almost as if he'd get a raise or something for the added effort.

...or perhaps he was just bored, that's a very real possibility too.

Eventually, the man comes across the shining plastic counter at Prize Corner.