Chapter 1

"Dad. Why do we have to leave Canada? This is the third time that you've moved. It's only been 4 years here," Lucy spoke softly to her father.

"That's because my contract was up with Canadiens Montreal. I know that you made so many friends here, but maybe you can make better friends in this place. But the place where we're heading to is in the same state as the city you want to visit," Connor announced.

"So, what you are saying is that we're moving to New York! I'm going to go pack right now, dad," Lucy raced to her room.

"Is that really we're going honey? Because I don't want to hear you guys yelling again.  Do not be lying to her captain," Grace stated.

"First, don't call me captain anymore that already has a captain (Captain Lee), and second, yes, we are moving to New York. I got a contract with the New York Islanders. Either way, you and Lucy can enjoy the time alone when I'm away for the games away," Connor stated.

"But, when you're gone, she's going to on dating websites like she always does. Plus, Grace is going to take all your money and spend it on drugs when you're gone in a different state or country. Then, when you come back home, she will blame me for what she did with the money," Lucy yelled!

"You use me for my money? I give you enough money for food, and you blame my 12 year old daughter for drugs?! Well, that's it we're done," Connor said to Grace.

Lucy and Connor got their stuff in their suitcases and carried-on's for the plane ride. Grace bought the house right after Connor put it for sale.