Chapter one

Hurried footsteps slapped against the ground. The August heat was getting to them but they couldn't stop. They HAD to keep going.
𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐧𝐨 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧.
They got arrested two weeks ago after trying to leave a electronics store with almost 70,000 Yen worth of merchandise. They were thrown in holding cells at the local police station. They gave the officers fake names and their ‘profiles’ came up. They had great connections with people with great skills. They made a call to a very special friend. “Bubaigawara Jin” came to the rescue and posted their bail. Once out of the station and into an empty back alley, “Jin” melted into Himiko Toga. She scolded them for getting caught and told them they can't call on her for another month. She had other important plans to attend to and she couldn't keep draining her colleague for his blood. They had no other plan but to avoid getting arrested.
"Stop running and come peacefully!" Some officer behind them barked. They have been chased for the past 5 minutes.
The six teens jumped, slid, and climbed like they were made for this. If running from the police was an Olympic sport, they would get gold. Coming down an alley littered with empty boxes, other litter and a dumpster. The bright summer sun had been cooking them slowly. Each of them were dressed in black hoodies, a face mask and sunglasses. They were practically melting.
One of the teens sees a window of opportunity. He quickly turns around, causing his hoodie to slide off his head slightly, revealing some of his ash blonde hair. He lifts his hand up in front of him and sends off an explosion big enough to knock back the officers and disrupt the trash in the alley. A smirk spreads across his face and turns around to catch up with his friends.
They turned out of the alley onto a busy sidewalk. The groups' pace slowed as they seamlessly blended into the crowd. One of them turns back when he hears a shout.

Looking back over his shoulder, golden eyes peering over the edge of his glasses, a cocky smirk plastered on his face while he watches the gaggle of officers search for them.
"Come on you fucking idiot." A hand grabbed the back of his hoodie and pulled him along to catch up with the rest of their group. "You don't fucking linger! We need to get off the streets first, dumbass !" His companion's rolled crimson eyes behind his glasses as he spoke.
"Aww relax Blasty! We lost them!"
"Tch, not yet you idiot," 'Blasty' said.
They walked away from the crowded sidewalk and disappeared into a back alley behind a store. They ducked in and out of the alleyways they were so familiar to, ensuring they weren't being followed. Eventually, they ended up reaching an abandoned office building, near the outskirts of the city. It wasn't very tall like the ones further into the city. It was maybe 3 stories tall.

It was surrounded by a chain link fence. The group went around to the back of the building and slid through a person sized hole in the gate. They opened a garage door with a 'loading only' sticker on, just each for them and their treasure bags can get through.
The door slammed closed behind them. The afternoon sun shines through the skylights above, the empty loading area in front of them was cast in an orange glow. They walked further in and towards a small stairwell. They filed in and climbed the stairs to the second level of the loading area and passed through a door and into an area originally used as an office space. The desks and cubicle dividers were gone, along with the fax machines, printers, phones and computers. In the middle of the room was a large pile of pillows and blankets on top of 2 Alaskan King mattresses laid sized by side. All the overhead lights and light switches were traded in for candle holders crudely attached to the wall and lava lamps accenting along the baseboards. A large television sat on the floor in front of the ‘bed’. The blinds were removed from the windows, letting in the natural light.
"Goddamn it's hot," Blasty remarked, tossing his sunglasses on the ground along with his mask and hoodie. He ran his fingers through his fluffy blonde hair to give it back its volume, lost to the hoodie. "Kaminari, get that fucking generator going."
Kaminari shot him a couple of finger guns and turned to go into one of the rooms off to the side. "On it dude,” he called behind him.
When they all went 'shopping' they cut all electricity in the building and only kept the refrigerator connected to the generator.