CHAPTER 21

Hot steam was coming out of the cooker as the lady rushed towards it to pull out the freshly prepared Thehri . She poked a fork in the yellow potatoes which had taken the colour of the delicious turmeric paste poured into it.

"It's looking delicious. Why don't I take a little bite of it and tell if it tastes the same too?" Omari asked as his hand wrapped against the waist of his wife . She turned aside to see if her daughter and mother in law were present or not.

"No one's here . Ammi is praying in her room and Alvi is drawing" Omari whispered while pecking the temple of his wife from side and she blushed at that.

But her eyes widened when she heard her daughter was painting !!! Guests were coming and Alvi wasn't any sweet or near little girl who would properly arrange the stuffs , instead her materials would always lie around the floor as she would paint the floor along with the paper.

"Yah Allah !!" She uttered in panic and rushed out to the living room .

It was a nice spacious place . It was quiet and calm as their house was away from the hustling life of the city of Agra , located in a peaceful neighborhood.

On the floor , their 3 years old daughter Alvi was sitting with her lips parted and eyes narrowed to focus on the masterpice she was about to draw. Colourful caryoons of Faber castle were laying around as she kept drawing flowers on the page .

"Alvi-"she called out and her daughter smile and looked at her mother while happily showcasing the half completed painting.

"It's so pretty baby...now wrap it up and go to your room . Uncle Zayan is coming here with his wife " Zaid told her while crouching down on the floor to get to her level. Zaid was wearing an abaya , all ready to greet the guests . She was just going around and checking the final touches , but somehow , something was always left somewhere .

Omari kept helping her around , fixing the bedsheets as she was 6 months pregnant and her husband wanted to give her the most rest he could . Even the mutton korma was made by him .

"Mumma first look!" She squeeled while handling the notebook to her mother and then clapped her own hands as an appreciation to her painting.

"It's pretty . Very pretty" Zaid praised and Alvi kept looking at her mother with hopeful eyes for more compliments.

"Alvi , my baccha , I will give you more compliments later . First-" Zaid couldn't even complete her words when the door bell rang and she hurriedly wrapped her hand around her daughter to rush her inside but Omari came in the living area.

"Go inside love . Let Alvi be here . Inara is expecting too , so I don't think she will mind the presence of a little kid" Omari told her and Zaid just gave a little nod and walked inside so that Omari could welcome the guests.

Zaid walked inside the room of her mother in law who was reciting tasbeeh with a smile . After she completed, she looked at Zaid.

"Tired?" She asked and the younger gave a little nod.

"Yes... although I haven't done a single thing today except cooking the rice , it still feels very tiresome" she said with a sigh.

"Ofcourse it will. Take a rest for a while . Omari will serve the dishes" the old lady said with a kind smile.

"But still. It won't be very kind of me to leave him do all the things alone" Zaid said.