Chapter 9❃

"Doubts"

Zane was relatively silent. What was he doing here? Now that I remembered, was he the one that saved me from last night?... Now that I think about it "It doesn't matter! I'll catch up to you, so go. Run!".

Do these two know each other?? Probably. The only thing I have right now is questions. He was standing in the doorframe, quietly. And then he suddenly approached me. He had a worried face. I don't have the right to tell since I don't know him completely, but honestly I never saw him like that. Which is strange since his attitude towards me is always somewhat conceited and annoying.

He put his hands on my shoulders and asked me,- Are you okay? You lost a lot of blood because of your wound- He tried to mask his concern as he talked, but it was noticeable.

I was going to say something but Vander spoke- Do not be worried, she'll be alright, thank goodness her wound wasn't deeper- He says.

They both saved my life...

But then suddenly my indignation and anger appear. Zane had been keeping a lot of stuff from me that I definitely didn't know about. Things that are relevant to me. That I needed to know...

I smiled at Vander and then gave a serious glance to Zane.- Please, if you excuse us Vander. I need to speak with Zane- I said while grasping Zane's arm and dragging him to the room where I awoke. I let his arm go, and gave him an indignant look.

- Would you bother to tell me what the hell is going on? But I really need you to tell me the truth- I said with a threatening tone.

-Hey, slow down. You cannot make any swift movements due to your wound- He says inviting me to sit.

-Do not change the subject. Why are you interested in my necklace? How did you know my name from the start? What happened last night...- I paused, since all the memories of that night suddenly came to my mind. 

-I...- He tries to avoid my gaze.- It's none of your business, we made a deal in which you would give me information about where you get the necklace and I would help you with your mother's death...- He says trying to find excuses.

-Oh really? I honestly do not think that I know more about that necklace than you. And how do you want us to make a deal if you can't even tell me what's really going on? What happened last night, when that man transformed into a...- Then I paused..

I could see how tense he was. I also noticed that he was wearing bandages on his right arm and in his neck. What occurred to him? Was it because of the strange man? Or better I say because of that...werewolf...?

-What happened to you, were those wounds caused by that man?- I asked him, clearing the lump in my throat.

He raised his head and looked directly at me. He sighed and said- Yes... He is my brother- He says sitting down in a wooden chair in a corner near the fireplace in the bedroom.

His brother.. I think he had already mentioned it that night when we did run into him.- If your brother is a ... werewolf- I looked away and said- You too?- I asked him.

He didn't say anything but nodded his head.

...

-Shit what a mess I've gotten myself into..- I said to myself.- W-what do you know? Can you explain to me what's going on, please..- I said to him while he was sitting, quietly. 

He sighed and began to explain. I was stunned. All the things my mother used to tell me, every night I went to sleep, that were supposed to be just fairy tales. They were real. The necklace with the moonstone that my mother gave to me.. Was for a reason.