I - Uncertain Paths

A gentle drizzle enveloped the world, turning the bustling city into a serene and tranquil place.
The pitter-patter of raindrops created a symphony on the pavements, and the scent of wet earth filled the air, giving the city a refreshing makeover.
It was a rainy day, and nature seemed to have taken a deep breath, reveling in the cleansing shower.
As the gentle rain continued to fall, the day's calmness seemed to contrast with the turmoil inside Lu Keran's heart.
The rhythmic tapping of raindrops on the windowpane mirrored her restless thoughts.
Today marked a significant turning point – a moment she had both anticipated and dreaded.
As the hours passed, the rain seemed to intensify, mirroring Lu Keran's growing unease.
With every drop that hit the ground, the knot in her stomach tightened.
She questioned whether her decision to return to her previous agency was the right one.
Would her former bandmates accept her back? Or would they resent her for leaving in the first place?
Her heart raced as she approached the entrance, unsure of what to expect.
She knew that she had hurt them deeply, and the guilt gnawed at her conscience.
As she hesitated to enter, she could see the lights inside the agency and hear the distant sounds of laughter and music. Her former bandmates were there, moving forward without her, and the thought made her feel even more like an outsider.
Taking a deep breath, the girl mustered the courage to step inside.
As she walked through the familiar corridors, memories of their time together flooded her mind – the joyous moments of creating music, the triumphs, and the challenges they had overcome as a team, but it was also a stark reminder of what she had lost due to her own mistakes.
As Keran walked through the quiet hallway, the sound of her steps echoed softly in the small building.
Her heart yearned to reunite with her former members after three long years, but she couldn't shake the feeling that now wasn't the right time for such a meeting.
The wounds of the past were still fresh, and she knew rushing into it could cause more harm than good.
She redirected her path and headed towards her boss' office.
With trembling hands, she knocked on the door.
Yoon's warm voice called her in, but she could sense an air of formality that made her heart sink.

‹‹Come in, Keran.››

She stepped inside, her eyes immediately locking with Yoon's professional gaze. Yoon gestured to a chair, and Keran slowly took a seat, trying her best to keep her emotions in check.

‹‹Keran,›› Yoon began formally ‹‹I've called you here to discuss your future.››

Keran's anxiety surged, causing her heart to pound so fiercely that she feared it might burst from her chest.
The weight of Yoon's words, uttered after what seemed like an eternity of silence,

‹‹I believe it's best for you to start your solo career.››

Keran's emotions threatened to overwhelm her, and she fought back tears and the urge to scream in despair.

‹‹A s-solo career?››

She stammered, her eyes wide with shock and disbelief.
Her boss nodded solemnly, explaining that it wasn't just his decision but also what her fans desired.
Yoon's voice softened as he spoke,

‹‹When you debuted with The9, we were genuinely happy for you, and I was personally thrilled for your success. However, I must be honest with you, your absence had a significant impact on your former band members.››

He noticed Keran struggle to hold back tears, so he gave her a sympathetic look and said,

‹‹I know this is difficult for you, but we need to address the reality.
Fanxyred will never be the same.
The other girls were deeply hurt by your absence, and they felt abandoned.››

She looked down, trying to gather her thoughts, feeling the weight of Yoon's words pressing down on her shoulders. She couldn't deny the truth in what he said; she had made a choice that had affected not only her life but also the lives of her closest friends and fellow band members.
As her emotions threatened to overwhelm her, the boss spoke again, his voice filled with compassion.

‹‹Keran, I understand how challenging this is for you, but you also need to consider what's best for your own growth and career.
Sometimes, life presents us with difficult choices, and while it may be painful, it's essential to follow your heart.››

His words offered some comfort, yet the conflicting feelings within her heart persisted.
Keran knew she couldn't turn back time, but she wished she had seen the full extent of the consequences before making her decision.
In the heavy silence that followed, the girl struggled to find the right words to express the depth of her emotions.
She knew that whatever she said next would shape the course of her future and the relationships she cherished.
She felt torn between the excitement of pursuing her solo career and the strong desire to stay with her beloved friends.
The realization that she couldn't have both without causing pain to someone she cared about deeply left her heart heavy.