I

Note:

I'm Dutch so English is not my first language, but I'm gonna try my best. I hope you like it! :)

TW: Violence, Blood

___________________________________

*Chaos, one word to describe it. Leave the country this is no test, a life threatening virus broke out and we must evacuate!*

*They took over the airports! There are no other options, save yourself!*

The news was unbelievable, we had no idea what to do. I had no idea what to do. I looked over to my parents who were also shocked of course. ''Grab some stuff and put it in a backpack, not to much'' My father finally said. My brother and I went to our rooms and grabbed some clothes, books and some other important stuff like a hairbrush and a toothbrush. We rushed downstairs and our parents were waiting for us.

When they opened the door we saw them everywhere.. The zombies. It sounded so stupid in my head, i mean zombies, it's so surreal. My parents froze for a few seconds, but after that my dad ran to the garage and grabbed a shovel and a baseball bat. He handed the baseball bat to my brother.

We walked over to the car and we opened the trunk, but a zombie came out. I jumped back and wanted to scream, but my mother covered my mouth. My dad started to hit him with the shovel on his head and the blood came everywhere, I was covered in blood. ''How did it get in the trunk?!'' My mother asked panicking. ''I have no idea..'' My dad answered.

When we looked next to us we saw a big group of zombies coming our way. There were over 20 zombies. We didn't know what to do, so we just started running. We had no idea where we were running to, but we just needed to get out of here.

My mother tripped and my dad walked back to help her up, but they were already close. He tried to take them out one by one, but there were to many. My brother tried to help him, but it didn't work. I had no idea what to do, so i just stood there, watching with tears in my eyes. Some of the zombies were attacking my father and my brother, but the others ones covered my mother and bit her and ripped her belly open. Her screams made me fall to the ground. I felt so useless. My father and brother ran up to me, helped me on my feet and we started running again. We hid behind a container and we all took a deep breath. When I looked next to me I saw my father crying, what was kinda weird, seeing your father cry. I wanted to hug him and my brother so bad, but every movement was dangerous.

We knew that the zombies wouldn't go away, so it didn't matter when we came out from behind the container. I looked over to my dad, who was thinking about something, but after a few seconds he took of his dog tags and gave them to me. I looked at him confused. ''why?'' I whispered. He didn't answer he just smiled at me with tears in his eyes. ''no reason, munch.'' I didn't understand, why did he gave me these? He must have a reason, but after a few seconds it hit me. ''no don't do it'' I whispered to him. My brother looked confused at me. ''What?'' He asked me. ''He- he is going to-'' I couldn't finish my sentence, but my brother finished it for me. ''sacrifice himself''

''When I run into that crowd, I want you two to run.'' I looked down with tears in my eyes and my brother shook his head. ''No, there must be a better option'' My brother whisper-shouted.

"I wish there was, but this is the only way.." My father said, while he had tears in his eyes. "Lexi, Anthony I love you and please take care of eachother." Before we could say anything else he ran into the crowd. He did not give up easily and he kept fighting them, but they were with to many. How did this all happen in one night? We had a normal day yesterday, a chill day nothing special and ended the day with watching some television. And now It's this.

"Lexi, we have to go, otherwise this was for nothing.." My brother spoke. I nodded and looked at the crowd, you couldn't see my dad anymore, he was covered in those 'things'.

"Yeah.. which way do we go?" I asked my brother. There were still some of them on the streets, not as much as before, but still. And my brother was the only one with a weapon.

"Just follow me." He stood up and slowly walked towards the streets. I followed him as he went left, we soon found out that walking slowly wasn't the best plan, because the zombies noticed. My brother looked back and saw them coming closer. "We have to run Lexi" I nodded and we started running. More zombies started to notice us and before I know it, there were about 40 of them following us. The next thing I know, is that everything was so crowded and I lost my brother. I didn't know what to do, giving the fact that I had no weapon, I did know that if I turned around or stood still to look for him I would die. So I started running until I saw a forest. I looked back one more time to see if I saw anything, but there were only zombies. So I decided to enter the forest and just look for civilisation.

______________________________________

A/N:
Hey this was the first chapter I hoped you liked it. It was really short and I promise the next ones will be longer. Please let me know if you have any tips on my writing and how I can improve it.
xxx