A Cold Sting

Ambrosius Pov

    I looked at the beautiful skyline in disbelief, as I held Bal in my arms. His eyes closed and his breathing was deep and labored.
  After sometime all the other knights started to leave, making me realize I have no idea what happens next Bal might be in my arms right now but I still betrayed him everyone did. What if he just leaves and hide away and I never see him again.
   Without knowing I started hyperventilating until I felt the weight in my arms shift. When I looked down I was looking directly into Bal's deep brown eyes. I watched as his eyes went to my lips as if he was giving me a warning. Knowing his intentions I closed my eyes and waiting until I felt the familiar feeling of his lips on mine and I felt like I was home.
    Until I felt the cold sting of cool metal as Bal raped his arms around my neck. A wave of guilt washed over me as I was reminded of what I did to the man I love more then anything.
      I couldn't hold myself together anymore. I pulled away from the kiss as a flood of tears rushed out catching Bal off guard
      "I'm sorry Bal, I'm so sorry" I cried out hugging him tightly in my arms as if he was going to disappear from my arms.
       I failed him I was supposed to protect him but instead I mutilated him. How could he ever forgive me, how could I ever forgive myself for what I did.