CHAPTER 1: THE BEGINNING

LAJI'S POV

Walking alone down this chilly and lonely street, my hands on my pockets to keep warm. I checked my phone and noticed that it was almost midnight at 12 a.m. My body hurt from all of the work I did all day. My mountain-high concerns raced across my head once more. I'm like a flower that will shortly wither. Working hard isn't enough to pay off the debts that my parents left me. I'm not even accountable for it, yet I have to work my ass off for it. I can't even cry anymore; my tears was  dried a long time ago. I can also feel my resentment for my parents becoming stronger day by day. 

My youth seems like a broken glass that shattered everywhere, and whenever you take a step closer to it, the more you will be in danger and hurt yourself. The only mistake I have done, is to be born with such irresponsible and horrible parents. I sometimes asked myself, why my fate was so harsh on me? Why I need to suffer like this? Or is this something like a punishment for me? As I was getting closer to my apartment, I stopped for a moment and quickly hide on the big tree behind me. There is someone in my house, it was a young man. He is about 6'0 ft. tall. He is wearing a black hat, a blue blazer, and a gray pants. Confusion bothered me. Why is this man here? What does he want? Or is he someone that my parents indebted with? These questions wandered in my mind. I waited for him to leave but he doesn't seem to have the intention to. Oh God, I am so cold and hungry right now. Gosh! It's already 1:30 a.m. I can hear the loud sounds that my stomach makes, I also somehow felt dizzy right now. The moment I know I already walking straight towards my apartment. I can't handle this anymore; I might die because of extreme hunger and cold.

"Hello, their gentlemen! You're Laji, right?" The man asked smiling.

Why does he know who I am? I swear that I had never seen him before. I take fewer steps closer to him since I can't see his face because it's so dark. I'd want to have a better look at him. I'm in shock at what I just seen. He is a masterpiece. He has a really attractive kissable lip, a long nose, and a sharp jawline. I gave myself a mental slap. Damn! How can I be fascinated by his beauty and praise it when I should be worrying about myself? But why do I believe he won't cause any harm? Why do I feel as though I am familiar with and know who he is? Who the heck is this man?

"Yes, I am. But how do you know me?" I asked him back. For a minute he just stands there silently. I really can't tell what's in his mind. There is no emotion nor reaction that can be seen in his face, it is totally blank.

 "What do you want from me? Did my parents owe you some money? How much is it?" I asked continuously. The only reason that unknown people come here is about money, some of them are thugs and illegal loan sharks. I can still remember not long ago a group of gangsters attacked me. I almost die at that moment but luckily, I was saved by the police who is roaming near my place. I have been hospitalized for about two weeks. Damn it was such a nightmare. Whenever I recall that near-death moment of mine, I got goosebumps all over my body. 

"Yes,I already know you and I'm not here for money." he answered

"Who are you? And what do you want?" I asked him again. He removed his blazer and he is wearing a white t-shirt now. After he removed his blazer, the tattoo all over his right hand was revealed. I was so shocked the moment I saw his tattoo. The first thought cross to my after I saw it was maybe he was an ex-convict or he might be a gangster. I suddenly felt nervous to him.

"There is no need for me to introduce myself to you. 2-16-12-1-12-1 the alphabet. See you again." He smiled at me, tapped my shoulder and leave. While I was left dumfounded and speechless. He is such a weird and strange person. What about those numbers that he just told me, is it something like a code? Just what on earth does he mean about it? 

A/N:

Hello, my dear readers, and thank you very much for taking the time to read my story. I hope you enjoyed it. Because I am just a rookie writer, please  feel free correct me if I have any incorrect grammar, typos, or errors. Whatever your opinions and recommendations are, they are extremely important to me. Thank you again, and I hope to see you in next chapter. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH GUYS! BYE BYE!