«Type»

It was an early afternoon as Mun, Hana, Juyeon and Ungmin (aka Mun's best friends) were chatting and spilling tea while sitting in a café.

Since they started dating, Juyeon and Ungmin have become more comfortable with one another– too comfortable even. Holding hands, they were seated close to one another and sharing mouthfuls of the pastries they had ordered. Hana simply ordered peach ice tea, whereas Mun got an apple juice and a chocolate-glazed donut.

After she had been holding something back for some time, Juyeon finally opened her mouth and began speaking. "Hana, have you got a crush on anyone right now? Or how about your dating history? We're like besties now, so you can tell us!" Hana tried not to choke on her drink while processing the questions. Mun knew Hana hated opening up, especially with an ordinary friend.

When Mun reached out to grab his donut, Hana's hand unintentionally came into contact with his. She quickly jolted it back. Given that Hana no longer opposed to him touching her, Mun was rather surprised by her fast movement. Did she have any romantic encounters she wished to keep private? Or does she have feelings for someone? Was she scared that he might read her memories?

"I have dated in the past, but it was briefly." Mun was surprised by the fact that she managed to say that. He knew already, but not more than that. He constantly resisted the urge to look back into her memories, but he knew it would break her trust in him if she ever finds out. Juyeon grinned, satisfied with Hana's answer but yet wanting more. "Do you still love them?" Hana shook her head. "Since it was only my first love and I didn't know much about it at the time, I've moved on, so no." Mun was fighting the urge to let out a sigh of relief.

Juyeon and Ungmin turned their head towards the boy. "He has nothing going on," Hana reassured Mun's friends. It also seemed to reassure her a little too.

"Well you two would be a great couple in my opinion," Ungmin blurted out. Mun gave him the death stare, he knew what Ungmin was trying to do. Juyeon smacked him in the head. "Ugh sorry for that idiot. I really don't want to make things awkward here." Hana was gazing at Ungmin with slightly shining eyes when Mun turned to face her.

"Would we?..."

She snapped out of it and began babbling. "I mean, I honestly don't care if we do. I mean, maybe it's because of our similar clothing style? It would only make sense since I was the one who took him shopping; nonetheless, Mun isn't really my type." She gave a little, nervous laugh as she wrapped up her monologue.

"I'm not really her type?" That sentence kept repeating itself in Mun's head. Hana has been the love of his life for the past year, therefore her words completely crushed him.

A few minutes pass, the atmosphere much more awkward than before. Until Hana closes her eyes. "One level 2 evil spirit entered. Mun, follow me. I'm sorry, bye." As she pulled Mun by his coat, she stood up and paid for everyone.
The two got out of the café and headed towards the nearest park. Mun didn't see the territory but figured it disappeared before the park was in sight. They both stopped as soon as they got in it, panting after the long run.

"Where is it?" Mun asked. Hana had a slight smile on her face as she turned to Mun. "I didn't actually detect an evil spirit, I just wanted to get away from that situation back at the café."
"Sorry if they made things awkward and asked you personal questions," Mun looked down, still thinking about how apparently he's not Hana's type.

"It's fine. I should apologize about when we touched hands and pulled it back quickly."
"Yeah, what was that about?..." Mun half whispered, still deep in his thoughts.

-

Mun and Hana bought corndogs and ate them while sitting on a bench. The tension had eased up a bit, and the two were able to talk normally.
Hana sighed and giggled in the middle of a silence. "What is it?" Mun asked. Hana looked at him and got slightly closer to his face. "Is something I said earlier bothering you? I can read you like an open book." Mun looked away, flustered. "I just... wanted to know why I wasn't your type, I guess? Is it my attitude, my looks, my personality?..." Hana stared at him with her deep brown eyes, forcing him to continue. "Is it my face? It's probably my face. I'll look away then." Mun looked away but Hana's placed her hand on his cheek, slightly pushing his face to look at her. "I didn't mean that. I was just horribly flustered. Because I have feelings for you."

"You do?..."

"Yes."

Hana approached her face to his, placing her other hand on his cheek and rubbing it. Mun closed his eyes, thinking he knew what she was about to do. Hana gently slapped him. "For God's sake, you had crumbs on you face. I wasn't going to kiss you."

Mun, feeling heavily embarrassed, looked away with a bright red face. Hana took advantage of that to peck him on the lips.

"I love you, Mun."

He wanted to say it back but he was clearly in a different world right now, trying to process the fact that his first love likes him back. Even though he, wasn't her first love, Mun would make sure he'll be her last.